|Music Theme(s)||Forest Frenzy Returns (or Vine Valley)|
|Notable Feature(s)||It is the first level to feature swing vines for the Kongs to grab and hold, and traverse large pits. The level also debuts the enemies Vine Chomps, carnivore plants using their vines to trick and eat enemies.|
|Enemies Encountered||Tiki Zings, Chomps, Tiki Goons, Tiki Buzzes, Tiki Dooms, Vine Chomps, Buzzbites|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)
Vine Valley is the thirtieth-third level in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, as well as the first level in the Forest world of Donkey Kong Island. It is preceded by The Mole Train and followed by Clingy Swingy.
This level is set in a large forest full of long and short vines. Donkey and Diddy Kong must use these vines to their advantage by swinging over large gaps and collecting special items, such as Banana Coins. As they swing through the forest, they must watch out for a large number of red and yellow carnivorous plant enemies, known as Chomps. These foes constantly try to attack them, so they have to carefully maneuver along some of the vines to safely pass them. Additionally, some of the vines in this level appear to be the tongue of Vine Chomps that can eat the Kongs if they hang on too long. Other than Chomps, the enemies in this level include Tiki Zings, Tiki Goons, Tiki Buzzes and Tiki Dooms.
At the start of the level, go left and get the first Puzzle Piece in the hidden area. Go right and bounce up the red mushrooms, and shoot upward with the barrel cannon above the Kongs. Shoot between the barrels at the right moment, waiting for the Tiki Zings to move to the side first each time. When you make it to the treetops, go right and you will face Chomps lunging upward periodically. Jump over the first one and, if needed, throw away the DK Barrel on the ledge, then continue to the right until you see a swinging vine. Take the lower path through this section, going past the Tiki Goons and jumping over the Chomp ahead, and you will find the first Bonus Room directly into the right wall. In the room, use the four barrel cannons to shoot around and collect all sixty-five bananas, three Banana Coins and an Extra Life Balloon within thirty seconds, then the second Puzzle Piece will appear in the middle of the Bonus Room.
When you exit the Bonus Room, go right and swing across the vines this time to reach the checkpoint. Up ahead are more long vines, so grab on and jump across them. For the third shorter vine, you will need to go back and forth a second time before the next vine you need to jump to return or bounce on Tiki Buzz at the bottom of the screen to reach the vine. Hang along the bottom end of the vine to the end, then jump along the banana line over the yellow Chomp to get the letter "K". Back on the ground, go right and past the Tiki Goons and Tiki Doom, and you will see another vine ahead. Before you grab it, look below to find a hidden barrel cannon obscured by a bush. Jump into it to be shoot to the left and collect the third Puzzle Piece.
Back on the platform again, go right and swing across the long vine to the other side. Take the lower path along the platform here, defeating the Tiki Goons along the way. In the right corner, ground-pound close by the yellow plant to reveal the fourth Puzzle Piece. Grab the vine above and you will find a Vine Chomp slowly starting to pull the vine upward to eat the Kongs. Jump onto the right ledge before it can do so, and you will see a round platform with grassy turf you can climb around while avoiding the Buzzbites. Climb to the top of it and roll-jump to the left to grab onto a short vine hiding behind the leaves. Climb up it to reach the second Bonus Room. In the room, jump between the two large moving platforms and collect all forty-seven bananas, two Banana Coins and an Extra Life Balloon within thirty seconds to make the fifth Puzzle Piece appears.
After the Bonus Room, go right and climb across the next few platforms with grassy turf, jumping across vines quickly to avoid being eaten by Vine Chomps. Atop the third grassy platform, get the letter "O". At the end of this section, you will reach the second checkpoint. Hang along the bottom of the next two long vines to collect all eighteen bananas and the sixth Puzzle Piece will appear above. Climb up the second vine to grab it. For the shorter vines ahead, climb higher onto them to avoid the yellow Chomps below. Jump between the first two to get the letter "N", then cross the vines to a ledge ahead.
On the ground again, go past the Tiki Goons here, and grab onto the next vine. For this section, quickly go from vine to vine to avoid the Vine Chomps from above. Climb a bit higher as you proceed to reach the letter "G" between the last two vines or bounce high from the Tiki Buzz below at the right moment when the enemy is flying up and closer to the letter. On the next platform, go past the set of Tiki Goons as you head right before reaching another long vine. Swing and jump between the final two long vines to reach a small ledge before the Slot Machine Barrel. There are three small helicopter plants on the lower platform. Blow on all three plants and collect their three bananas to make the seventh and final Puzzle Piece to appear. Take it, then complete the level by touching the Slot Machine Barrel.
- Tiki Zing: 9 (regular size)
- Chomp: 7 (4 red regular size & 3 yellow regular size)
- Tiki Goon: 15
- Tiki Buzz: 9 (regular type)
- Tiki Doom: 1
- Vine Chomp: 8
- Buzzbite: 6 (regular type)
- Hearts: 7
- DK Barrels: 3
- Banana Coins: 17 (counts 3 in the first Bonus Room and 2 in the second Bonus Room, does not count three or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- Extra Life Balloons: 3 (counts 1 in the first Bonus Room and 1 in the second Bonus Room, does not count eight or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- K: After the first checkpoint, the letter "K" is at the end of a vine section over a large pit.
- O: On the third platform with grassy turf and Buzzbites after the first Bonus Room's entrance is the letter "O".
- N: The letter "N" is right after the second checkpoint and the sixth Puzzle Piece between two short vines and above a yellow Chomp.
- G: After the letter "N", in the area with the five vines connected to Vine Chomps at the end of the level, the letter "G" can be found between the last two vines. Climb up a vine to jump and collect the letter or bounce high from a Tiki Buzz below at the right moment when the enemy is flying up and closer to the letter.
- 1: The Kongs must head left at the start of the level and travel behind some crystals to find the first Puzzle Piece in a secret area.
- 2: When the Kongs reach the first set of swinging vines, they must travel along the area below them and enter a hidden opening in a raised platform to access a Bonus Room. There, they must shoot through four barrel cannons in order to get all sixty-five bananas, three Banana Coins and an Extra Life Balloon. Once everything is collected within thirty seconds, a Puzzle Piece appears.
- 3: Just after the letter "K", the Kongs must head to the edge of the solid platform and jump behind a bush in the pit. They will land into a hidden barrel cannon that shoots them into the hidden Puzzle Piece below the platform.
- 4: After the third Puzzle Piece and the Kongs swing over a large pit, the primates must find a small yellow plant at the corner next to a vine below the first Vine Chomp. They can ground-pound nearby to open the plant and reveal a Puzzle Piece.
- 5: Immediately after the fourth Puzzle Piece and the first Vine Chomp, the Kongs can see part of a short vine hanging from a bush at the top of the screen. To reach it, they must jump on the nearby round platform covered in grassy turf, avoid the Buzzbites and roll-jump off of the top. When they grab onto the vine, they must climb up to access a Bonus Room. There, they must move along two large and moving platforms to grab forty-seven bananas, two Banana Coins and an Extra Life Balloon. If everything is collected within thirty seconds, a Puzzle Piece appears.
- 6: While they Kongs swing on the first two vines after the checkpoint, they must make sure to collect all eighteen bananas below them to reveal a Puzzle Piece that they can get by climbing up the second vine.
- 7: On the platform immediately before the Slot Machine Barrel, there is a trio of helicopter plants. The primates must blow on them to reveal three bananas. If they are all collected, a Puzzle Piece appears.
The puzzle of Vine Valley is of a cherry against a light yellow background. When all of the pieces are found, the Mole Miner Max artwork will be added to the Boss Gallery of the Image Gallery in the Extras menu.
Time Attack Medals
- Shiny Gold: 01:28.00
- Gold: 01:44.00
- Silver: 02:02.00
- Bronze: 02:15.00