|Music Theme(s)||Mystery of the Key|
|Notable Feature(s)||This level features lava-sinking and falling platforms, where the Kongs must be fast to progress while avoiding enemies and collecting items.|
|Enemies Encountered||Skellirexes, Blue Squeeklies, Tiki Buzzes|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, |
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)|
Tumblin' Temple is the seventeenth level in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, as well as the ninth and final level in the Beach world of Donkey Kong Island. It is the second secret Key Temple level in the games, and all of the second world's K-O-N-G Letters must be collected to unlock it.
This level, as its name suggests, takes place inside of a temple, where many falling platforms can be found. Almost every platform and structure seen in this level falls from above, and in many cases, Donkey and Diddy Kong must wait for the platforms to fall to progress. However, they also must move fast, as the platforms are constantly sinking into the lava below them. To avoid being burnt by the lava, they must quickly race up the falling platforms and climb up a grassy turf that is seen along some walls. Spikes also appear as an obstacle in this level, along with some Skellirexes. Several Blue Squeeklies fly through the temple, and they can be bounced on to clear the level quickly.
At the beginning of the level, a straight path leads to a gap of lava. A platform is on the other side of the gap with a DK Barrel and a Skellirex on it. There are two smaller platforms with banana bunches on them ahead, and they slowly sink into the lava when stepped on. When the Kongs reach the last of these platforms, another platform falls from above and begins to sink into the lava as well. If they travel along this, they can reach two more platforms standing above the lava, which sink when stood on. The platforms have a wide gap between them, but a Tiki Buzz is in it to help them cross. Blue Squeeklies also fly around the area. A long, solid platform is ahead that falls from above. Three Skellirexes are on it, along with bananas. When they reach the end of the platform, a large structure falls into the lava. It has a few platforms sticking out of it. As it sinks, the heroes must climb the platforms to avoiding hitting the lava. On the last platform, the primates must wait a little to able collect the first Puzzle Piece. Just as they approach the top of the structure, an even larger structure plummets into the lava. Like before, they must climb up the platforms all around it as it sinks into the lava to survive. Soon, another structure with a solid platform on it appears next to it, with another platform falling by it. The primates must dodge some Blue Squeeklies while moving along the platforms to reach a large gap with three Tiki Buzzes and an Extra Life Balloon above it.
Once they cross it, they can reach a platform with some spikes in the middle of it and an urn on the right side. The Kongs must quickly ground-pound near the urn to reveal the second Puzzle Piece. A similar platform is right next to the previous one after a gap, and since they are both attached to the same structure, they both sink at the same time when they are landed on. The heroes must travel across them while avoiding a Tiki Buzz and a Skellirex to make another platform fall ahead that they can use. Blue Squeeklies fly towards them here. After a while, a structure covered in spikes falls in front of the Kongs. When it sinks, a safe platform appears that they can use to progress to a smaller platform that falls soon after it. A small platform connected to a large structure is after a gap with a Tiki Buzz. A platform with sharp spikes in the center of it and some Blue Squeekly enemies are also around the structure. There is also a third platform at the end of the structure that has an urn on it and the third Puzzle Piece looming under it. The heroes must roll-jump under the platform to collect the piece and land on the next platform. They can also land on Tiki Buzz nearby to bounce and reach the next platform.
Here, the platform is connected to a structure on the other end of the gap. There is a platform ahead of it, which the primates can reach by using the grassy turf on higher platform. After they quickly pass the grassy turf, the Kongs must bounce high on a Blue Squeekly to the left and reach to the top of the platform with an urn. The heroes must quickly ground-pound nearby the urn to reveal the fourth Puzzle Piece. After that, they can move forward by bouncing on a Tiki Buzz close by. Two pillar-like platforms follow that sink into the lava when stood on. They are spaced far apart, but a Tiki Buzz is between them to aid Donkey and Diddy Kong in crossing. When they reach the second platform, a large structure falls behind them, with a wall of grassy turf on it. They can climb the turf to find a set of two platforms. The first platform has an urn on it, which contains the fifth and final Puzzle Piece. Eventually, another turf-covered structure falls near the Kongs. As they reach the end of the grassy turf, it curves to the left towards another platform. Two smaller platforms following it can be used to climb to the top of the structure, which has a section of spikes on it. Two walls covered in turf fall when they jump over the obstacles, and they can ascend with them to avoid sinking into the treacherous lava. As they climb, they must jump between the walls so they can climb to the top of the wall on the right, which has two small platforms above it. As they progress up these platforms, a curved structure covered in turf falls towards them, with a long wall of turf following it to the side. The primates must climb along the curved structure so they can reach the wall with ease. As they mount the wall, it begins to curve to the right, letting them off to the top of the wall. After a small gap of lava, they can access an area with the Blue Rare Orb in it. When they get the orb, the level is completed.
- DK Barrels: 1
- Banana Coins: 3 (does not count three or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- Extra Life Balloons: 1 (does not count eight or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- 1: The first Puzzle Piece is early in the level, floating above a sinking platform after the section with three Skellirexes on the same platform. The Kongs must jump up the first tower of platforms and wait on the last one. After a few seconds of the entire platform sinking, the piece appears near the top. The player must now jump up to collect it, and then jump onto the next platform tower.
- 2: The next Puzzle Piece is on a set of dual platforms with a spiky array in between it and an urn on the right side, just after three Tiki Buzzes. The Kongs must break the urn by ground-pounding nearby to release the second Puzzle Piece while rushing, as the platform also sinks in the lava.
- 3: The third Puzzle Piece is on a wide platform tower just a little after the second piece. The player can find the piece under a platform with an urn over it. The Kongs must roll into it. As soon as the player collects the piece, they must jump up so they do not hit the lava and land on the next platform.
- 4: Just after the third Puzzle Piece, the fourth Puzzle Piece is also found in an urn, above a large platform with grassy turf below it. The player must quickly traverse the platform by using the grassy turf, bounce high on a Blue Squeekly to the left to able the reach the urn over the platform. The primates must quickly ground-pound nearby the urn to break it and release the piece.
- 5: The final Puzzle Piece is inside another urn above a curved and grassy platform. After quickly climbing up the grassy platform, The Kongs find the urn on a platform and must ground-pound to open it and reveal the Puzzle Piece.
The puzzle of Tumblin' Temple is of a strawberry on a light green background. When all forty-four Puzzle Pieces in Beach world are found and the Scurvy Crew is defeated in the boss level Pinchin' Pirates, the Beach diorama is added to the Diorama Gallery in the Extras menu.
Time Attack Medals
- Shiny Gold: 01:06.00
- Gold: 01:13.00 (01:16.00 in the Japanese version)
- Silver: 01:21.00 (01:23.00 in the Japanese version)
- Bronze: 01:33.00 (01:36.00 in the Japanese version)