|Music Theme(s)||Clifftop Concert|
|Notable Feature(s)||This level contains many tilting platforms and some turf-covered surfaces to climb. There are some sections with hidden cannons that will open temporarily at regular intervals, revealing platforms for the Kongs to step on. There are also cannonballs shoot from background and foreground to destroy in-between sections of large platforms, turning them into tilting platforms.|
|Enemies Encountered||Snaps, Pinchlies, Tiki Boings, Squidlies, Electrasquids|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)|
Tippy Shippy is the fortieth-ninth level in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, as well as the seventh level in the Cliff world of Donkey Kong Island. It is preceded by Crumble Canyon and followed by Clifftop Climb.
The level possesses many tilting platforms. At some points, hidden cannons will open, rising platforms for the Kongs to step on and progress. These platforms will close just after the cannons shoot once and later open again, following a constant pattern. It demands good timing from the player(s) to use these platforms and avoid fall down. This level also bears some resemblance to Beach levels and the Ruins level Mast Blast. This is because it contains some platforms such as ship hulls in addition to enemies such as Snaps, Pinchlies, Squidlies and Electrasquids.
Starting off, go right and swing the vine. Jump across the first set of platforms and climb the turf-covered ceilings while defeating Snaps and Pinchly. When you reach the second turf-covered ceiling, climb upward on the right side, then jump to a wooden platform at the right. Enter a Bonus Room there. In the room, use the moving barrel cannon to collect all fifty-seven bananas, two Banana Coins and an Extra Life Balloon within thirty seconds and reveal the first Puzzle Piece. After the Bonus Room, you will land on a large and tilting ship hull. Go right past the Pinchlies and Tiki Boings, and jump to the upper platform at the far end. At the edge, roll-jump to reach the top of the tilting platform with the turf-covered underside ahead. Get the letter "K" and continue to the checkpoint just ahead. Go past the DK Barrel, then wait for the cannons ahead to reveal themselves before jumping across the raised platforms. The platforms will low again just after the cannons shoot once. Go into and shoot from the next barrel cannon to reach a ship hull in the background area. Avoid the Squidlies and Electrasquids flying through the air and get to the right side, where you will notice a cracked rock on the floor. Pound thrice through the rock and head left in the lower corridor to find the second Puzzle Piece.
Jump back to the upper deck and go right past all the squid turrets, and climb across the underside of the tilting platform ahead. Hang just above the first cannon, then when it opens up, drop onto the platform. Jump to the right across the next two cannons, then back to the left one, and then back to the right as the next three cannons open up. Pay attention to the pattern of the cannons. Collect the letter "O" in the air above the fourth cannon, then go forward and reach another barrel cannon. Shoot back to the foreground and head right. Defeat or avoid the Snaps and Pinchlies you encounter. Go across some tilting platforms, swing across with a vine and you will be on another ship hull with a climbable platform overhead, as well as two rows of squids being shot at you from the turrets on the right. Bounce on a Squidly along the upper row (it follows a Electrasquid), and grab onto the turf-covered underside above. Climb to the right end to tilt the platform, revealing a Puzzle Piece above. Get to the platform to the right of the squid turrets, and roll-jump from the tall crate back to the left to get the third Puzzle Piece. Diddy Kong's rocket pack can help to reach the Puzzle Piece.
Before you proceed onward, drop between the two rightmost squid-shooting turrets below, where there is a banana inside the ship hull, and you will land into a second Bonus Room. There, jump along the moving platforms to collect all eighty bananas and two Banana Coins within thirty seconds and reveal the fourth Puzzle Piece. After the Bonus Room, go right and defeat the Pinchly, then keep blowing on the windwheel to reveal some items. Using good timing, jump across the three raised platforms over cannons to the right as they open up, then reach the second checkpoint ahead. Throw the DK Barrel on the following platform if needed, and continue along. Get across more tilting platforms, avoiding the cannonballs being fired from the airship in the background. The cannonballs will destroy wooden sections of the platforms, turning them into tilting platforms. Jump onto the upper platform ahead and roll-jump towards the letter "N" high above a pit to be able to collect it. At the end of this path, drop into the barrel cannon and shoot to the background again.
Go past the Tiki Boing and reach another section with cannons. Following the pattern, from the first raised platform jump to the second one, and jump back to the first one. Jump to the second platform again, and then jump to the third one. Swing across with another vine, go left and past some Tiki Boings, and avoid cannonballs shoot from the foreground. Jump into the next barrel cannon ahead and shot to return to the foreground, collecting the letter "G" as soon as you land. Now, quickly jump and run all the way to the left. Keep jumping as the ship segments start to fall out, and collect the fifth and final Puzzle Piece at the end. Jump into the barrel cannon to get shoot all the way back to the right. After you land, touch the Slot Machine Barrel to complete the level.
- Hearts: 2
- DK Barrels: 2
- Banana Coins: 21 (counts 2 in the first Bonus Room and 2 in the second Bonus Room, does not count three or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- Extra Life Balloons: 3 (counts 1 in the first Bonus Room, does not count eight or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- K: After the first Bonus Room and going past a large and tilting ship hull, you reach another tilting platform with turf-covered underside and the letter "K" above. Grab on the left side of the turf-covered underside to tilt that end of the platform down. Now, return to the previous ship hull and roll-jump from the upper platform to the right to reach the top where the letter is. Use Diddy Kong's rocket pack if needed.
- O: After the second Puzzle Piece, the letter "O" is floating above the fourth of the cannons in the background. Use good timing to step on the raised platforms until the cannons shot once and collect the letter.
- N: After the second checkpoint, the letter "N" is floating between two ship hulls connected by a wooden platform. The airship in the background will soon shot a cannonball at the wooden platform, destroying it. The ship hulls will tilt by the Pinchlies' weight over them. After reaching any upper platform on the ship hulls, roll-jump towards the letter to collect it.
- G: After the letter "N", you will eventually land into the letter "G" after shooting from a barrel cannon to return to the foreground.
- 1: At the beginning of the level, jump from the right side of the second turf-covered ceiling to the wooden platform at the right. Go inside a Bonus Room's entrance. In the room, use the moving barrel cannon to collect all fifty-seven bananas, two Banana Coins and an Extra Life Balloon within thirty seconds and reveal a Puzzle Piece.
- 2: After the first checkpoint and reaching the background area, Pound thrice on the cracked rock after two squid turrets and reach a hidden area. A Puzzle Piece is at the end of the lower corridor inside the ship hull.
- 3: After the letter "O" and returning to the foreground, you will eventually reach a ship hull with Squidly and Electrasquid turrets. Bounce on a high Squidly to reach the turf-covered underside of a tilting platform above. After climbing the turf-covered platform, make sure the platform is tilted down to the right. Go past the turrets and then roll-jump to the left from the tall crate to reach the top of the tilting platform and the Puzzle Piece.
- 4: Immediately after the third Puzzle Piece, fall down between the two rightmost squid turrets where you see a banana inside the ship hull to enter another Bonus Room. There, use the moving platforms to collect all eighty bananas and two Banana Coins within thirty seconds and reveal the fourth Puzzle Piece.
- 5: Immediately after landing into the letter "G", quickly jump and run left, and keep jumping over the ship segments as they start to fall. The Puzzle Piece is at the far end along with a barrel cannon that will allow to progress.
The puzzle of Tippy Shippy is of a strawberry against a light green background. When all of the pieces are found, the Skellirex artwork will be added to the Critters 2 Gallery of the Image Gallery in the Extras menu.
Time Attack Medals
- Shiny Gold: 01:10.00
- Gold: 01:13.00 (01:21.00 in the Japanese version)
- Silver: 01:38.00 (01:41.00 in the Japanese version)
- Bronze: 02:13.00
- In the Nintendo Wii version, this stage is the last appearance of the crab enemies Snaps and Pinchlies.