Because of their bodies are covered in yellow flames, if Donkey or Diddy Kong touch these tikis, they will take damage and not hurt the Tiki Torches. As enemies, they appear in many levels of the games, the first one being the Beach level Peaceful Pier. They can also be seen spectating in most of the boss battles, alongside Tiki Goons and Tiki Tanks.
Tiki Torches have small arms on their chin. They have black heads, empty eye sockets. They also have a chain keeping their head together from the thrust of the flames. They also have two set horns on both sides of their heads, which have small, yellow strokes. These enemies, like many Tikis, have irregular eye size, as well as a dress structure on the bottom of their bodies. Tiki Torches also look like they are screaming in agony. And they leave a harmless trail of ashes wherever they go.
To defeat the Tiki Torches, the Kongs must first blow out the tikis' fire. They will turn into just heads with flimsy arms and become harmless to the heroes. Before they can reignite themselves after few moments, the primates have to stomp on their heads or roll into them to able defeat the tikis. If the enemies reignites themselves, they must be blown out again. The Tiki Torches can also be defeated by the primates throwing barrels at them, even in their flaming state, but the same enemies cannot be stunned by the ground-pound move or peanuts shot by Diddy Kong's Peanut Popguns.
It is interesting to note that, after getting blown out, the Tiki Torches will take a few seconds to realize what happened, and then begin to comically waddle back and forward. In that brief state, they are even capable of pushing the Kongs if they are on the way.
- Tiki Torches have a slight resemblance to Tiki Bombers, enemies covered in blue flames, also from the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.
- In the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, different reactions from the background audience, composed by Tiki Torches, Tiki Goons and Tiki Tanks, can be heard by the player during most of the boss fights.
- They will cheer up when Donkey and Diddy Kong are harmed or are defeated.
- They will boo the primates when the bosses take damage.
- They will become agitated between phases of the boss battles.
- And they will let out a sad sigh after the bosses being defeated and the Tiki Tak Tribe leaders leaving the bodies of the same bosses.