Tiki Goon's artwork from the game Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii.
|Homeland||Donkey Kong Island|
|Origin of Species||Tiki|
|Powers/Abilities||Walking at the same direction, sometimes back and forward over single platforms, |
Biting enemies upon contact
|Affiliations||Tiki Tak Tribe|
|Enemies||Kong Family, |
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, |
Mario Kart 7,
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D,
Mario Kart 8,
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
|First Game||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)
|Latest Game||Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2017)|
Tiki Goons are the most common tiki enemies found in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.
Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Tiki Goons are shaped like bongos, with four red feathers on each side of their heads, and wear yellow and brown striped skirts. They appear in all worlds of the Donkey Kong Island. And because of how much they are common, Tiki Goons can be considered akin to "foot soldiers" of the Tiki Tak Tribe.
Tiki Goons attempt to attack Donkey and Diddy Kong by slowly walking back and forward and biting them upon contact. They can be defeated by a single jump, a roll attack or throwing a barrel at them. They can also be stunned temporarily by the Kongs ground-pounding nearby them. The peanuts shot by Diddy Kong's Peanut Popguns are also capable of stunning them. When stunned, Tiki Goons will not be able to bite or harm the heroes. They are also seen spectating most of boss battles in both games, alongside Tiki Torches and Tiki Tanks.
In the Rocket Barrel vertical section of the final boss level of both games, Tiki Tong Terror, Tiki Goons are seen piloting strange flying machines upward the screen, trying to hit the Kongs. In this section, they cannot be attacked, only evaded by the player.
Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8 (Deluxe)
Tiki Goons also appear in the games Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8 (Deluxe), on the DK Jungle courses, respectively. Here, these enemies behave as they usually do, by walking back and forward on the racetrack. They also seem to be large in size. Tiki Goons are minor obstacles, making racers temporarily spin out upon colliding with them.
- During most of the boss battles in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, the player can hear different reactions from the audience in the background, composed by Tiki Goons, Tiki Torches and Tiki Tanks.
- They will cheer up when Donkey and Diddy Kong take damage or are defeated.
- They will boo the Kongs when the bosses are harmed.
- They will become agitated between phases of the boss fights.
- And they will let out a sad sigh after the bosses being defeated and the Tiki Tak Tribe leaders leaving the bodies of the said bosses.