|Music Theme(s)||Tidal Terror|
|Notable Feature(s)||Tidal waves wash all the level knocking out exposed Kongs, enemies and items. Rock structures and abandoned ship hulls can be used as shelter against the waves.|
|Enemies Encountered||Pinchlies, Snaps, Snaggles, Squidlies|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)|
Tidal Terror is the fifteenth level in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, as well as the seventh level in the Beach world of Donkey Kong Island. It is preceded by Blowhole Bound and followed by Pinchin' Pirates.
It takes place during a tidal-like thunderstorm, and the Kongs will have to hide behind rocks and abandoned ship hulls for shelter from the waves. The waves will instantly knock out the Kongs, enemies, bananas and Banana Coins. The enemies present include Snaps, Pinchlies and Snaggles.
Start going right and ground-pounding nearby the treasure chest for the first Puzzle Piece. Run towards the rock pillar and hide in front of it. The waves will crash down to each side of you. If you are hit by the waves here, you will lose a life instantly. Just keep yourself behind shelters like this one and you will be fine. Now move past the next few pillars defeating crabs along the way. Use a Snaps or Pinchly to bounce and collect the letter "K". Keep moving right rolling and jumping as fast as you can. If you need some cover, you can pound on the red button to reveal a temporarily rock structure along the way.
You will eventually reach a cave. Use the grassy turf on the ceiling to climb past the Snaggles. Drop to the small stone ledge below to collect the letter "O". Roll-jump towards the ship hull. Pound on the wooden peg to reveal the second Puzzle Piece on the new peg ahead. Right between these two pegs there is a flat stone platform that can be ground-pounded to reveal a barrel cannon to reach the Bonus Room. In the room, use the four barrel cannons to collect all sixty-five bananas, three Banana Coins and an Extra Life Balloon within thirty seconds in order to reveal the third Puzzle Piece.
After the Bonus Room, keep moving right and you will reach a checkpoint with some cover. Keep going right into a cave. Jump onto the grassy ceiling moving right avoiding more Snaggles. Drop below to the treasure chest to reveal the fourth Puzzle Piece. Jump back onto the ceiling, go forward and drop down on the stone ledge just before the letter "N". Roll off the ledge and jump right after collecting the letter. You will land back onto the next stone platform.
Keep rolling and using rocks to make it past the waves. Eventually you will find a basin under grassy turf. Avoid the Pinchly and keep ground-pounding nearby the basin. Soon it will break and reveal the fifth and final Puzzle Piece. Moving on, there will be many crabs and less places to take shelter in the next long section. Try to defeat all enemies nearby before taking shelter, especially where the Kongs require to crouch. After this section, you will eventually reach another ship hull. Start by jumping over the squid turret also avoiding the waves that come out of the windows. Jump on the two stacked squid turrets and then jump to the left to collect the letter "G". Going forward and past the squid turrets, ground-pound close by the giant treasure chest to reveal the Slot Machine Barrel. Touch the barrel and complete the level.
- DK Barrels: 1
- Banana Coins: 10 (counts 3 in the Bonus Room, does not count three or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- Extra Life Balloons: 2 (counts 1 in the Bonus Room, does not count eight or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- K: After the first Puzzle Piece, the letter "K" is floating above ground, close by some Pinchlies and Snaps. Quickly bounce off a enemy before the crabs are all washed away to reach the letter.
- O: After the letter "K" and close by the first Snaggles, the letter "O" is on a stone ledge in the first cave with ceiling covered on grassy turf.
- N: Just like the fourth Puzzle Piece, the letter "N" is the same large cave with grassy turf on the ceiling and some Snaggles, but the letter is floating above water. Roll-jump over the water to collect the letter and land on the other side.
- G: After the letter "N" and section with many crabs, the letter "G" is floating high in the air inside another ship hull. Use two stacked turrets as platforms to jump left and reach the letter, while also avoiding waves from the windows.
- 1: The Puzzle Piece is inside the treasure chest near the start of level. Ground-pound nearby it to reveal the piece.
- 2: After the letter "O", pound on the peg in the first ship hull to reveal a new peg and the Puzzle Piece.
- 3: In the same location of the second Puzzle Piece, ground-pound the flat stone platform in the ship hull to reach a Bonus Room. There, use the four barrel cannons to collect all sixty-five bananas, three Banana Coins and an Extra Life Balloon within thirty seconds and reveal a Puzzle Piece
- 4: After the checkpoint, the Puzzle Piece is inside the treasure chest in the large cave with grassy turf on the ceiling and some Snaggles. Going past the water and the Snaggles, drop over the ledge with the chest and ground-pound to reveal the piece.
- 5: After the letter "N", keep ground-pounding close by the basin under glassy turf and next to a Pinchly. Eventually, the basin will break and reveal the Puzzle Piece.
The puzzle of Tidal Terror is of a strawberry against a light green background. When all of the pieces are found, the Undersea Adventures artwork will be added to the Worlds Gallery of the Image Gallery in the Extras menu.
Time Attack Medals
- Shiny Gold: 00:50.00
- Gold: 00:53.00 (00:57.00 in the Japanese version)
- Silver: 01:20.00
- Bronze: 01:42.00
- In this level, the tidal waves are very similar to hazards found in the water section of the Stage 1 from the game Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts for SNES.