|Music Theme(s)||King of Cling|
|Notable Feature(s)||This level is a locked one. And there are many large and small red mushrooms in this level. The Kongs must use good timing to bounce on these mushrooms to progress, collect items and avoid obstacles and enemies.|
|Enemies Encountered||Tiki Goons, Tiki Buzzes, Shroom Chomps, Frogoons, Flaming Tiki Buzzes, Bopapodamuses|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)
Springy Spores is the thirtieth-eighth level in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, as well as the sixth level in the Forest world of Donkey Kong Island. This level is unlocked by buying the Map Key from Cranky Kong's Shop in this world. It is preceded by Longshot Launch and followed by Wigglevine Wonders.
In this level, the Kongs must use many large and small red mushrooms as bouncy platforms to progress, collect items and avoid obstacles and enemies. The enemies in the level include Tiki Goons, Tiki Buzzes, Shroom Chomps, Frogoons, Flaming Tiki Buzzes and Bopapodamuses.
Begin by going right and past gaps, enemies and spikes and bouncing across the large and bouncy mushrooms along the way. When you reach the first Flaming Tiki Buzz floating up and down next to the letter "K". Wait for the enemy to fly upward, then bounce to the left, without jumping, to get the letter. Use Diddy Kong's rocket pack if needed. Bounce ahead to a platform where you can see a DK Barrel, go past the Tiki Goon, then swing across a series of swing vines above spikes while bouncing between them via a bouncy mushroom under a floating Frogoon. After the third vine, there is a cracked log below. Pound on the log three times to break it and fall into a room below. Collect a Banana Coin, as well as the first Puzzle Piece on the right side of the room behind a canopy. Ground-pound in the middle to sprout a small mushroom and bounce out of there with it. Go right and past another Tiki Goon, go right and upward by bouncing across some mushrooms and using some ledges. Above the wall of spikes to the left, there is the second Puzzle Piece. To reach it, roll-jump from the higher and suspended platform to the right or bounce off the mushroom below (using Diddy's rocket pack), always avoiding the spikes. Up ahead, you will see the letter "O' below the second suspended platform. Defeat the Tiki Goons first, then roll-jump from the lower platform to get it and land on the other one above.
Continue going right, bouncing across mushrooms, going past Frogoons and avoiding spikes. For the part where the spikes are on the ceiling, simply bounce to the right, withou jumping. When you reach the turf-covered ceiling you can climb, do so to get past the Flaming Tiki Buzz ahead. For the second turf-covered ceiling next to another Flaming Tiki Buzz, a heart and a big banana bunch, climb it to the left and up until the top and jump across to get the third Puzzle Piece. Continue moving forward avoiding another Flaming Tiki Buzz and more spikes, then bounce across the three Bopapodamus and get the letter "N" before reaching a DK Barrel and the checkpoint.
Before you continue, turn back to the three Bopapodamus on the left. You must bounce on each four times consecutively to knock them all out. Defeat all three Bopapodamus and some Banana Coins and the fourth Puzzle Piece will drop onto the platform to the right. Next, go right and past the checkpoint, climb around the large and hanging structure, and jump to the second one. Below the second structure, you will see a line of bananas leading downward. Drop over the bananas to land in a barrel cannon, then shoot through the wall reaching a Bonus Room. In the room, use the two outer barrel cannons, avoiding the middle one to collect all eighty bananas and two Banana Coins. If everything is collected within thirty seconds, the fifth Puzzle Piece will appear.
After the Bonus Room, go right and bounce, without jumping, across many large mushrooms below spike ceilings and avoid or defeat the Tiki Buzzes. After the Tiki Goon, bounce across a series of Bopapodamuses while avoiding pits and more spike walls. When you reach a suspended platform above, bounce onto the last Bopapodamus (or ground-pound on the tiny ledge below to sprout a small and bouncy mushroom) to reach the platform. Then, roll-jump to the right to get the letter "G" on the opposite platform. After two Tiki Goons, there is a section with many large mushrooms. Reach to the horizontal mushroom next to a heart and then bounce upward and left to get the sixth Puzzle Piece. If you go downward and to the right, while going past some Tiki Buzzes, you can find a Puzzle Piece floating above a Shroom Chomp at the left side. Fall down over the seventh and final Puzzle Piece to collect it and bounce back using the red protuberance of the Shroom Chomp. After that, start bouncing your way upward to the very top of the section, going past more Tiki Buzzes. Once you get to the top, bounce and hit the Slot Machine Barrel to complete the level.
- Hearts: 6
- DK Barrels: 2
- Banana Coins: 16 (counts 2 in the Bonus Room, does not count three or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- K: Use the large red mushroom to bounce off to the left, without jumping, and under the first Flaming Tiki Buzz and get the letter "K" when the enemy floats upward. Use Diddy Kong's rocket pack for safety.
- O: Just after the second Puzzle Piece, defeat the two Tiki Goons patrolling the higher and suspended platform and roll-jump from the previous platform to get the letter "O".
- N: After the third Puzzle Piece and just before the checkpoint, bounce off one of the Bopapodamuses to reach the letter "N".
- G: After the Bonus Room and the section with five Bopapodamuses, bounce off the last one to reach the suspended platform above. It also possible to ground-pound the ledge below the platform to make a small and bouncy mushroom to sprout. On the suspended platform, roll-jump to the right, following the line of bananas to reach the letter "G".
- 1: After the third swing vine, pound on the broken log three time on the floor below the line of bananas. Drop in the hidden room and walk to the right. The Puzzle Piece is hidden by a canopy. To get out, ground-pound on middle of the room to reveal a small and bouncy mushroom.
- 2: After the first Puzzle Piece, the Kongs will reach to a tilting and suspended platform with two Tiki Goons and see the second Puzzle Piece to the left of it. Roll-jump to the Puzzle Piece from the platform with the Tiki Goons but avoid to touch the spike wall.
- 3: After the letter "O" and above a Flaming Tiki Buzz, a heart and a big banana bunch, cling on the turf-covered ceiling, climb to the left and up to see the Puzzle Piece at the top. Jump towards the third Puzzle Piece to collect it.
- 4: After the third Puzzle Piece and just before the letter "N", defeat all three Bopapodamuses to make the fourth Puzzle Piece and some Banana Coins to drop onto the platform to the right. Each Bopapodamus needs four consecutive jump attacks to be defeated and do not take too long because they recover quickly after an attack.
- 5: After the checkpoint, when clinging on the second swinging and wooden structure, drop off from the grassy turf where some bananas are floating inside the abyss and you will fall into a barrel cannon. Use it to blast into a Bonus Room. There, use the two barrel cannons to collect all eighty bananas and two Banana Coins within thirty seconds and the Puzzle Piece will appear.
- 6: After the letter "G", in the section with many large mushrooms, bounce on the horizontal mushroom next to a heart to reach the Puzzle Piece floating at the left side.
- 7: After the letter "G", in the section with many large mushrooms, there are some Shroom Chomps on the lower area. The Puzzle Piece is floating above the Shroom Chomp at the left side. Fall down over the Puzzle Piece to collect it and bounce back using the red protuberance of the Shroom Chomp.
The puzzle of Springy Spores is of a cherry against a light yellow background. When all of the pieces are found, the Skittler artwork will be added to the Critters 1 Gallery of the Image Gallery in the Extras menu.
Time Attack Medals
- Shiny Gold: 01:11.00
- Gold: 01:35.00 (01:22.00 in the Japanese version)
- Silver: 01:38.00 (01:41.00 in the Japanese version)
- Bronze: 01:43.00 (01:58.00 in the Japanese version)