Screech's artwork from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.
|Enemies||Squawks, Kong Family|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest |
Donkey Kong Land 2
Donkey Kong Country 2
Screech exclusively appears in it's titular level Screech's Sprint. In Donkey Kong Country 2, Screech appears as a mini-boss in the area The Flying Krock. Instead of battling Screech directly, Diddy and Dixie Kong instead race Screech as Squawks after transforming into him using an Animal Barrel; the race against Screech takes place in a bramble environment and Zinger-filled level, "Screech's Sprint". The race ends once either Screech or Squawks cross the finish line composed of Bananas. If Squawks loses against Screech, he also loses a life and has to race him again. Once Screech is beaten, Diddy and Dixie Kong gain access to Kaptain K. Rool's airship, the Flying Krock.
Donkey Kong Land 2
Evidently surviving the exploding and sinking of Crocodile Isle, Screech makes a return in Donkey Kong Land 2, once again standing between Dixie and Diddy Kong and Kaptain K. Rool; Screech would have to be raced again by Squawks and beaten to reach The Flying Krock.
- Screech and Squawks can be validly viewed as arch-rivals for several reasons. To begin, they are both parrots, each belonging to the opposite side of the Kong-Kremling conflict, with Squawks assisting the benevolent Kongs and Screech serving the malevolent Kremlings. In addition, the only level in DKC 2 featuring Screech requires players to, fittingly, control Squawks in order to face him in a race. Finally, the game's box-art depicts the two parrots fighting each other, in which Screech is hitting Squawks on the chest with a wooden bat.
- According to the game's credits, Screech belongs to the "Lazy Landlubbers" enemy class.
- Screech has a resemblance to a species of bird known as a Golden Eagle.
- The evil parrot Polly Roger from the Donkey Kong Country animated series may be based loosely off of Screech.
- Screech has his own theme music which plays when he is being raced. In the Game Boy Advance remake of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Screech's theme music plays while Diddy and Dixie (transformed into Rambi the Rhinoceros) are being chased through the last stretch of the level "Rambi Rumble" by King Zing.