|Music Theme(s)||Rocket Run|
Hot Pursuit (GBA)
|Notable Feature(s)||The Kongs maneuver a Rocket Barrel for most of the stage.|
|Enemies Encountered||Buzzes, Koin|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Rocket Rush, (ポンコツロケットでゴー Ponkotsu Roketto de Gō in Japan), is the fortieth and final stage in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!. It comes after Swoopy Salvo. It exclusively features a Rocket Barrel and it's own music theme, Rocket Run.
Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES)
This stage is the last stage in Krematoa and all eighty five Bonus Coins are needed to access this stage, so Boomer can destruct the rock blocking the passageway to the stage. In the first half, the Kongs must collect enough Fuel Barrels for the Rocket Barrel, a barrel exclusive to this stage to prepare for the second part; blasting at full speed in the Rocket Barrel without crashing.
Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)
In the Game Boy Advance version, there are several changes made, mainly to add the stage's difficulty higher; the stage lacks a Star Barrel, adding much more difficulty, collision into a Buzz turns into an instant loss of life, Red Buzzes can no longer be defeated and the control pad for the Rocket Barrel is normal, unlike the SNES version where the left button on the D-pad makes the Rocket Barrel go left and the right button makes it go left. Also, the Koin has been relocated lower to the surface instead of on a higher elevated cliff.
Collectibles and Secrets
- Banana Bunches:
- Rocket Barrel - A descending rocket requiring fuel to keep it going.
- Fuel Barrels - Adds fuel to the Rocket Barrel.
- Ignition Barrel - Makes the Rocket Barrel launch upwards.
| "You have to do better than that! Still got you beat, hunh?! "
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Game Boy Advance
- Just when landing the Rocket Barrel at the end of the stage, a platform prevents the Kongs from going down again. However, the Kongs can pass through this platform if Dixie throws Kiddy against a wall and rides him. This way, the Kongs pass through the platform and roll down the cliffs.
- Similar to this glitch, the Kongs can get stuck in their rolling animation if they roll onto the platform with a Steel Keg. The Kongs can escaping glitch by simply jumping.
- This stage is the only stage in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! lacking Bonus Stages.
- As it has no bonus stages, it has an exclamation mark on it, even if the stage hasn't been played yet.
- In the Super Nintendo Entertainment System version of the game, some copies of the game (not the Japanese and European versions) have the letter G missing. This has been fixed in the Game Boy Advance and Virtual Console versions.
- When the Buzzes are hit by the flames coming from the Rocket Barrel, they turn black. This effect was removed in the Game Boy Advance version.
- This is the only level where Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong do their crying and tantrum simultaneously on screen if the player fails.
- The red Buzzes in this level differ from the rest of their kind in the game. By using a glitch to return to the bottom of the level without the Rocket Barrel, the Kongs can interact with the red Buzzes. When jumping against them, they will push Dixie and Kiddy back instead of damaging them, but throwing a Kong at them will make the Kongs take damage.