| "They can't keep this level of content up for much longer!"
|Music Theme(s)||Hot Pursuit in the SNES version, |
Jungle Jitter and Enchanted River in the GBA version
|Notable Feature(s)||For most of the sections of the stage, the Kongs are pursued by a swarm of tiny, red Buzzes, except when they are underwater. There is also a counter recording the time taken by the primates for completing the stage, being related to Brash's sidequest.|
|Enemies Encountered||Killer Bees, Sneeks, Re-Koils, Kocos, Knik-Knaks, Buzzes, Koin|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (for SNES) (1996)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3 (for GBA) (2005)
Riverside Race (タルでたきのぼり, Taru de takinobori in Japan) is the second stage of the Kremwood Forest world and the eighth stage overall in the game Donkey Kong Country 3. In the Super Nintendo Entertainment System version, it is preceded by Barrel Shield Bust-Up and followed by Squeals on Wheels. In the Game Boy Advance version, it is preceded by Springin' Spiders and followed by Squeals on Wheels.
This stage features a timer to track how long it takes for the Kongs to finish the stage. The record is held by Brash at 1:15:00, so it is preferable that the player saves the collectibles for after beating the record. A swarm of small red Buzzes, called Killer Bees, will also appear to pursue and harm the heroes if they do not keep moving, except inside water.
Collectables and secrets
- K: When encountering the first Re-Koil of the level, the player must jump on it to reach the K to the top right of the Re-Koil.
- O: The O is floating just above the ground, after having travelled through the first underwater passage.
- N: The N is floating above a body of water with the two Red Buzzes to the top right of it. The N is also located after the Star Barrel.
- G: The G is located in the last underwater tunnel of the stage.
- Warp Barrel: the player must use Kiddy Kong to throw Dixie Kong into the air above the first water pond. However, using this Warp Barrel will disqualify the player from beating Brash's record by maxing out the timer.
- Grab 15 Bananas! Before the first underwater tunnel, Kiddy Kong must bounce across the water to reach a higher platform on the right. The Bonus Barrel is located there.
- Bash The Baddies! When arriving in the body of water with two Red Buzz to the upper right of it, the Kongs must use the Invincibility Barrel, which is located at the bottom left corner of the current body of water, to bounce on the Red Buzzes to reach the platform on the top right side. There, they will find the second Bonus Barrel.
After the letter G, the Kongs must turn around once leaving the underwater tunnel and Kiddy Kong must use his ability to skip over water to reach the platform on the top left. There, a Koin awaits them. In front of it is a Steel Keg, which must be thrown towards the wall behind the Koin, so that it ricochets into the Koin and knocks it out.