- "Rebelling against the Kremlings who infest the island, Rattly offers his high-jumping ability to help the Kongs. He can jump much higher than the Kongs, courtesy of his springing tail."
- —Donkey Kong Country 2 manual, Page 25
|Rattly the Rattlesnake|
Rattly's artwork from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.
Rattly shares a lot of traits with Winky, as they both can jump very high and share the ability to defeat Zingers by simply jumping on them. In fact, he replaces Winky from the original Donkey Kong Country. Rattly, as the name suggests, is very based on a real-life rattlesnake, with green skin, similar tongues and being found in jungles (as per the rest of the Animal Buddies). He is first found in the stage Topsail Trouble where his crate being seen at the very start of the stage. His controls work in a similar way to Winky's; pressing R or A, (or the SELECT button for Donkey Kong Land 2), makes him shake and letting go allows him to bounce up really high.
- While Rattly doesn't appear in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!, his Animal Crate can be seen in the background.
- Through hacking in Donkey Kong Land III, players can play as a glitched Rattly.
- His name appears in “Super Mario Odyssey” on the corner across from City Hall in New Donk City.
- Even if he is based on a rattlesnake, he has no rattle in his tail.
|DKC / Land||Rambi • Enguarde • Winky • Squawks • Expresso|
|DKC2 / Land 2|
|DKC3 / Land III|
|DK64||Rambi • Enguarde • Squawks|