|Theme(s)||Poppin' Planks, Mine Menace|
|Notable Feature(s)||This is the first Rocket Barrel level in both games. It also features a pirate ship that shoots explosive cannoballs at the Kongs, with two of the Scurvy Crew making their first appearances.|
|Enemies Encountered||Tiki Torch, Snaggles|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)|
Peaceful Pier is the eleventh level in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, as well as the third level in the Beach world of Donkey Kong Island. It is preceded by Sloppy Sands and followed by Cannon Cluster.
The level starts in a small beach. The primates can blow on the first dandelion to reveal the first Puzzle Piece. Going forward, Donkey and Diddy Kong can find a pier with a Tiki Torch moving through the place. Blowing out the tiki's flames, the heroes can defeat it by jumping on top of it. The pier also has a DK Barrel. After the DK Barrel, it is possible to see the pier broken with a barrel cannon near. The Kongs must get in the barrel to follow and land on a part of the broken pier, then take another barrel cannon that aims to the Rocket Barrel floating in the air. Once inside the Rocket Barrel, the heroes must activate it to ride on it and navigate throughout the rest of the level over the vast sea. At the beginning of this part, there is an Extra Life Balloon and plenty of bananas, banana bunches and Banana Coins that can be picked up. Just going past the section with many bananas and banana bunches, there is a straight line of seven bananas. The Kongs must collect all the bananas to reveal the second Puzzle Piece in the front of the line.
After the Puzzle Piece, the letter "K" of the K-O-N-G Letters is found in another set of bananas. The Kongs must take care not to land or ride near the water's surface, as a hungry Snaggles is swimming near to them and eventually jumps up to bite the barrel and destroy it. Following the third chain of bananas, while the Snaggles attack twice, the primates must collect the letter "O" in the end. After the Snaggles' pursuit, the Kongs can also pick some Banana Coins. The ride continues passing next to a pirate ship, in which members of the Scurvy Crew see the Kongs and chase them to attack. Over a small island, the Tutorial Pig holds the only checkpoint in the course.
In the second part of the pursuit, the ship is the main obstacle that the heroes must face. During the chase, the Scurvy Crew shoots a few explosive cannoballs to the air to stop the Kongs and their machine. These cannoballs explode in the air and the blasts remaining from these can destroy the rocket and defeat Donkey and Diddy Kong instantly. The first cannoball shot explodes in the middle of the scene and the primates just have to avoid it. The second cannonball explodes at greater height and the third at lower height. Just in that moment, the cannons begin to shoot more cannoballs: one at greater height and another at lower height. The cannon then shoots two cannonballs at the same time that explode both in the upper and lower parts of the scene. The Kongs must avoid these hazards by going in the middle. The ship stops attacking to dodge a series of rocks over the water. Now the Kongs can have some time to collect another line of bananas and get the letter "N" there before meeting the pirate ship again.
The ship reappears, and this time shoots more cannoballs. The ship first shoots a row of five cannoballs in the upper part of the screen. The third Puzzle Piece is just after the explosion blasts, demanding caution to go up, collect the piece and avoid the hazards. The ship shoots another set of five cannonballs in the lower part. The fourth Puzzle Piece is also after the blasts of these cannoballs and demands the same caution, used in the previous one, to drop down and collect the item. At last, the ship shoots cannoballs at both parts but in the middle. Frustrated, the Scurvy Crew tries to defeat the Kongs with the last blow using the biggest cannon of the vessel. The Kongs must now avoid to be the target of the cannon, as it aims first with a cursor that appears in the screen. The cannon then shoots the ship's anchor to the targeted zone. If Donkey and Diddy Kong avoid the attack successfully, the ship keeps going forward but the crew does not realize that they dropped the anchor, which is connected to the ship by a cable. The pirate ship is brought to a sudden halt. The Kongs now can take the last set of bananas and the letter "G" before arriving to their destiny. The rocket then stops working and falls in another part of the beach, ending the rocket ride section. Go past the Slot Machine Barrel and ground-pound on the flat platform to fall into a hidden barrel cannon and go to a Bonus Room. In the room, use a barrel cannon to move horizontally across the area in order to collect all fifty-seven bananas, two Banana Coins and an Extra Life Balloon within thirty seconds and make the fifth and final Puzzle Piece appears. After the Bonus Room, reaching the Slot Machine Barrel will finish the level.
- DK Barrels: 1
- Banana Coins: 5 (counts 2 in the Bonus Room, does not count three or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- Extra Life Balloons: 2 (counts 1 in the Bonus Room, does not count eight or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- K: The letter "K" can be found immediately after the second Puzzle Piece and in a line of bananas.
- O: After the letter "K", as the Kongs fly over a Snaggles and they attacked by a second time, the heroes move along a line of bananas. At the end of this line is the letter "O".
- N: After the letter "O" and the primates escape from the Scurvy Crew's first set of explosive cannonballs, they come up to a line of bananas and the letter "N" in the middle of it.
- G: After the fourth Puzzle Piece and the pirate ship is destroyed at the end of the level, the heroes can find a line of bananas and the letter "G" at the end of it.
- 1: At the beginning of the level, the Kongs can find dandelions growing on the beach. If they blow on the first one, a Puzzle Piece appears.
- 2: At the beginning of the Rocket Barrel section, just after the primates past many bananas and bananas bunches, they must collect all line of seven bananas and make the second Puzzle Piece appears at the end of the line.
- 3: After the letter "N", when the pirates fire the first group of five explosive cannonballs at once at the top part of the screen, the primates can ride straight up at the end of the blast remains to get the third Puzzle Piece using caution.
- 4: Immediately after the heroes collecting the third Puzzle Piece, they can find the fourth one right after the blast remains of the second group of cannoballs that the pirates shoot consecutively. The Kongs must carefully drop down to collect the piece and avoid the blasts.
- 5: At the end of the level, if the Kongs advance past the Slot Machine Barrel, they can find a flat platform on the ground that can be pounded on to reach an area underground. Here, there is a barrel cannon that can shoot them into a Bonus Room, where they must use a barrel cannon to move horizontally across the area in order to collect fifty-seven bananas, two Banana Coins and an Extra Life Balloon within thirty seconds to make the fifth and final Puzzle Piece appear.
The puzzle of Peaceful Pier is of a strawberry against a light green background. When all of the pieces are found, the Snaggles artwork will be added to the Critters 1 Gallery of the Image Gallery in the Extras menu.
Time Attack Medals
- Shiny Gold: 01:49.00
- Gold: 01:50.00
- Silver: 01:51.00 (01:52.00 in the Japanese version)
- Bronze: 01:58.00
- The name "Peaceful Pier" may be a joke due to the contradictory action-filled nature of this level.