The world map of Pacifica as seen in the game Donkey Kong Country 3 for GBA.
|Number of Stages||7|
|Brothers Bear's House||Barnacle's Island|
|Banana Bird Cave||Whirlpool Wreck|
|Greater Location||Northern Kremisphere|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country 3|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3 (for GBA) (2005)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3 (for GBA) (2005)|
|Adjacent World(s)||<< << << << Donkey Kong Country 3 >> >> >>|
Pacifica is a world of the Northern Kremisphere, found exclusively in the Game Boy Advance version of the game Donkey Kong Country 3. After clearing both worlds Cotton Top Cove and Mekanos, and unlocking the Turbo Ski, this world, K3 and Razor Ridge can be accessed in any order chosen by the player. Pacifica is located at the northwest corner of the overworld map of the Northern Kremisphere, and it can be reached by going up the waterfall to the northwest of the Bazaar's General Store. This world is water-themed. Barbos is the boss of the area.
- Previous: Cotton Top Cove
- Previous: Mekanos
- Previous: K3
- Previous: Razor Ridge
- Next: K3
- Next: Razor Ridge
- Next: Kaos Kore
This is a pipeline stage. Despite it having some "dry-land" sections, most of the traversal is made by the Kongs moving underwater. After some points of the stage, the water level will lower, making impossible to move back to earlier sections. An Animal Crate containing Enguarde the Swordfish can also be found during the third fourth of the stage.
The stage is boardwalk-themed with small waves coming from the background. Progress through it is made by the primates moving on the boardwalks, swimming in the water and, sometimes, climbing on horizontal ropes. Krackas, walking TNT Barrel enemies, appear only here in the game. Enguarde the Swordfish is also present inside an Animal Crate after the second half of the stage.
The stage takes place on giant hollow trees being sunken for the most part of them. When underwater, Dixie and Kiddy Kong must swim across the tree passages and avoid harm from aquatic enemies, including Kocos, Lurchins and Bazzas.
Inside of this coral cave stage, many mysterious scraps can be seen scattered around the water. Usually, when the primates aproach series of unique variants of Lurchins, sporting yellow and green colors, strong currents will move the heroes, trying to make them to collide against aquatic enemies. The scraps indicate the direction of the currents. Most of the currents are too strong to swim towards the opposite direction, forcing the Kongs to move alongside them while trying to avoid enemies.
It is a second pipeline stage featuring a Toboggan during the first half of it. The vehicle allows the primates to bounce safely on both variants of Buzzes, but they still must avoid harm from collisions against the environments and enemies. The second half of the stage must be traversed by the heroes on foot and going past many enemies.
This is the boss stage taking place inside a coral cave. In the Super Nintendo Entertainment System version of Donkey Kong Country 3, the same stage was located in the world Razor Ridge. Soon after entering it, the Kongs will be transformed into Enguarde the Swordfish. The Animal Buddy will face Barbos, a giant lurchin boss. Her attack patterns are very similar to the ones seen in the original game version. Barbos will initially release some regular Lurchins, and Enguarde must attack them, making them to bounce around and collide against two pink Lurchins protecting both sides of the boss. After both pink variants are taken down, Barbos' middle body section will become open to the Enguarde's charge attack. At the next chamber of the arena, the boss will release Missile Shells. Enguarde must avoid these enemies and make them to collide against two new pink Lurchins, eventually making Barbos' weak spot unprotected again. At the final chamber of the coral cave, the boss will open and close her shell constantly, shooting many dart projectiles from her bottom. Enguarde must attack Barbos' weak spot again, with the best opportunity being when she ceases to shoot temporarily. Barbos will be defeated after taking a total of four hits, and the primates will be rewarded with a single Bonus Coin.
After also clearing the worlds K3 and Razor Ridge, the player will be able to enter the world Kaos Kore.
Brothers Bear residence
- Barnacle's Island: the Brother Bear Barnacle, originally found in the world Lake Orangatanga of the SNES version of Donkey Kong Country 3, lives here in Pacifica. By the Kongs purchasing the Shell for five Bear Coins from the Bazaar's General Store, and giving it to Barnacle, he will gift the heroes a Banana Bird.
Banana Bird Cave
- Whirlpool Wreck: located on the cliff at the southeast of the world map and north of the boss stage Barbos's Barrier. It can be reached after the primates have cleared the stage Cliffside Blast, gaining access to the water section below the waterfall of the world map.
- "Accessed through a secret passageway ot the botton of the lake, this place remained hidden for many years. Only recently did those clumsy Kremlings stumble across the entrance."
- —Donkey Kong Country 3 Instruction Booklet (GBA version), page 21
- The name of this world is probably a wordplay on "Pacific Ocean" and "Atlantica", an ancient continent.
- "Pacifica" is similar to "pacífica" meaning "peaceful" in Spanish, Portuguese and Italian.
- The addition of Pacifica, an entire new world, to a later version of the game Donkey Kong Country 3 is a rare occurrence in the Donkey Kong series. Similar situation would also happen between the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, where the latter possesses an extra world called Cloud.
|Donkey Kong Country Series Worlds|
|Donkey Kong Country||Kongo Jungle • Monkey Mines • Vine Valley • Gorilla Glacier • Kremkroc Industries Inc. • Chimp Caverns • Gang-Plank Galleon|
|Donkey Kong Country 2||Gangplank Galleon • Crocodile Cauldron • Krem Quay • Krazy Kremland • Gloomy Gulch • K. Rool's Keep • The Flying Krock • Lost World|
|Donkey Kong Country 3||Lake Orangatanga • Kremwood Forest • Cotton-Top Cove • Mekanos • Pacifica (GBA only) • K3 • Razor Ridge • KAOS Kore • Krematoa|
|Donkey Kong Country Returns (3D)||Jungle • Beach • Ruins • Cave • Forest • Cliff • Factory • Volcano • Cloud (3DS only)|
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||Lost Mangroves • Autumn Heights • Bright Savannah • Sea Breeze Cove • Juicy Jungle • Donkey Kong Island • Secret Seclusion|