The Maraca Gang's artwork from Donkey Kong Country Returns.
|Boss Level||Pinchin' Pirates|
|Residence(s)||Donkey Kong Island|
|Affiliation(s)||Tiki Tak Tribe|
|Occupation(s)||Tiki Tak Tribe Leaders|
|Powers/Abilities||Hypnotizing and possessing creatures|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, |
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)|
The Maraca Gang are leading members of the Tiki Tak Tribe, who appear in the Beach world of Donkey Kong Island in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. They hypnotize and possess the Scurvy Crew, the second boss in both games.
The Maraca Gang first appears in the boss level Pinchin' Pirates in the Beach where they hypnotize and control the Scurvy Crew to attack Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. When the crew of pirate crabs are defeated, they will pass out. The tiki group will leave the creatures' bodies and stay dizzy for a few seconds. The player can jump towards the Maraca Gang, beat them multiple times and send them away. If the player decides to wait, the Maraca Gang will recover, and run away by flying towards the screen.
The left maraca is colored green with small eyes. The right maraca is colored purple with big eyes. The middle maraca is colored red with one small eye and one big eye. The maraca in the middle is short, and has the angriest expression out of its comrades. It also has some head decor on its forehead. It also has a unique mouth as well. One thing that also stands out is the design on its body, looking balanced yet distorted. The one on the left has a very mundane design on its body, along with what appears to be a sun colored icon on its head. It also has green leaves on its head and has the biggest mouth of the three tikis. As for the right maraca, it has purple leaves designed to be hair, along with a mysterious jewel on its forehead. It also has a wavy design on its body. It has a small mouth as well.
- Maracas are percussion instruments originated from indigenous inhabitants of Latin America.
- The Maraca Gang are the only tikis in the game that are a group opposed to one single entity.
- The Maraca Gang's tune is a combination of Krazy Kalimba's tune and a couple of maraca sounds.
- These tikis are the only leaders not to have hands.
- The Maraca Gang are the smallest tikis in both games, being a tad shorter than Xylobone.
- The Maraca Gang have leaves on their heads like the following tikis: Banjo Bottom, Wacky Pipes and Cordian.
- The Maraca Gang are the sixth most damaged tiki, showing multiple minor scratches on their heads.