The Lost World, after revealing the Krocodile Kore boss stage, as seen in the SNES version of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.
|Number of Stages||6|
|Boss(es)||Kaptain K. Rool|
|Greater Location||Crocodile Isle|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Donkey Kong Land 2|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (for SNES) (1995)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 2 (for GBA) (2004)|
- "This here's the Kremling's 'LOST WORLD', and that big crocodile head in the middle is where you need to get to if you're going to finish this silly game properly."
- —Cranky Kong in Donkey Kong Country 2 for SNES
The Lost World (also know as Kremling's Lost World) is the eighth and final world of Crocodile Isle in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, as well as the seventh and final world in Donkey Kong Land 2. It is a secret area reachable only through Klubba's Kiosk(s). The only way to access every stage in this world is to collect all seventy-five Kremkoins in Donkey Kong Country 2, and forty-seven Kremkoins in Donkey Kong Land 2, and pay the coins to Klubba. Each stage is significantly hard, although they can be beaten by the player with patience and skill. Kaptain K. Rool is the boss of this world.
Donkey Kong Country 2/Donkey Kong Land 2:
- Backward: The Flying Krock
- Forward: Lake Orangatanga
- Forward: Cape Codswallop
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
The Lost World itself is located inside Crocodile Isle and is fairly large in size. The area also has a big diversity in environments, some portions of it being jungle, others being volcanic, and some frozen caverns. In the center of the Lost World is a large volcano called Krocodile Kore, which happens to be shaped like a Kremling's head. Krocodile Kore also inexplicably pumps out an upward stream of multicolored energy.
If the Kongs manage to obtain the game's all seventy-five Kremkoins and clear all the stages in the Lost World, the mouth of Krocodile Kore will open and the heroes will be free to venture the temple inside. Inside the volcano, there is an altar, treasure and armored Kremling statues in the background. Here is where Diddy and Dixie Kong face the mad Kaptain K. Rool for the last time in both game versions. After a long fight, which consists mostly of dodging blasts and spiky kannonballs from K. Rool's blunderbuss, the heroes can defeat the Kaptain by throwing a single regular kannonball at him. K. Rool is then flung into the energy flow of Krocodile Kore. Kaptain K. Rool's bulk ends up blocking the volcano's flow of energy. Eventually Krocodile Kore explodes due to excess energy build up. This explosion ends up blowing off the top of the island (only in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System version) and sinking the rest of it.
Donkey Kong Land 2
In Donkey Kong Land 2, the Lost World rises up from the bottom of the ocean along with the rest of Crocodile Isle. This time there is only one entrance to the Lost World, which is located near the Gloomy Gulch world. Moreover, this time around Diddy and Dixie Kong need to pay Klubba all forty-seven Kremkoins at once to enter the Lost World. After paying Klubba, entering and clearing all of the Lost World's stages, the primates get to enter the Krocodile Kore again, now inside a lava cave. Once again, Kaptain K. Rool can be defeated here by dodging his shooting kannonballs. After delivering a single hit from throwing a regular kannonball at him, K. Rool is defeated again. During the final cutscene, Crocodile Isle gets sent to the bottom of the sea, this time permanently.
- Jungle Jinx (stage accessible after paying fifteen Kremkoins in the Klubba's Kiosk of the Crocodile Cauldron world in Donkey Kong Country 2) (stage accessible after paying forty-seven Kremkoins in the Klubba's Kiosk next to the Gloomy Gulch world in Donkey Kong Land 2)
- Black Ice Battle (stage accessible after paying fifteen Kremkoins in the Klubba's Kiosk of the Krem Quay world in Donkey Kong Country 2)
- Klobber Karnage (stage accessible after paying fifteen Kremkoins in the Klubba's Kiosk of the Krazy Kremland world in Donkey Kong Country 2)
- Fiery Furnace (stage accessible after paying fifteen Kremkoins in the Klubba's Kiosk of the Gloomy Gulch world in Donkey Kong Country 2)
- Animal Antics (stage accessible after paying fifteen Kremkoins in the Klubba's Kiosk of the K. Rool's Keep world in Donkey Kong Country 2)
- Krocodile Kore
- Opposed to other worlds in Donkey Kong Country 2 and Donkey Kong Land 2, the Lost World possesses its own music theme (see Videos section above).
- In the SNES version of Donkey Kong Country 2, each cleared stage of the Lost World reveals a rock over the water next to the entrance of Krocodile Kore. The five rocks allow the main characters to access the final boss stage. These rocks are not present in the world map of the Game Boy Advance version.
- In the SNES version on Donkey Kong Country 2, each stage of the Lost World, except Krocodile Kore, is accessible only in specific locations of the Klubba's Kiosk. However, in the GBA version, after paying Kremkoins to Klubba, his paid kiosks also allow the player to access any stages previously unlocked in the Lost World.
- In Donkey Kong Land 2 and the GBA version of Donkey Kong Country 2, the volcano on the center of the Lost World does not release any energy, like in the SNES version of Donkey Kong Country 2.
- Only in the SNES version of Donkey Kong Country 2, the crocodile head will display an opening animation when revealing the Krocodile Kore stage.
|Donkey Kong Country Series Worlds|
|Donkey Kong Country||Kongo Jungle • Monkey Mines • Vine Valley • Gorilla Glacier • Kremkroc Industries, Inc. • Chimp Caverns • Gang-Plank Galleon|
|Donkey Kong Country 2||Gangplank Galleon • Crocodile Cauldron • Krem Quay • Krazy Kremland • Gloomy Gulch • K. Rool's Keep • The Flying Krock • Lost World|
|Donkey Kong Country 3||Lake Orangatanga • Kremwood Forest • Cotton-Top Cove • Mekanos • K3 • Razor Ridge • Pacifica (GBA only) • KAOS Kore • Krematoa|
|Donkey Kong Country Returns (3D)||Jungle • Beach • Ruins • Cave • Forest • Cliff • Factory • Volcano • Cloud (3DS only)|
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||Lost Mangroves • Autumn Heights • Bright Savannah • Sea Breeze Cove • Juicy Jungle • Donkey Kong Island • Secret Seclusion|
|Donkey Kong Land Series Worlds|
|Donkey Kong Land||Gangplank Galleon Ahoy! • Kremlantis • Monkey Mountains • Chimpanzee Clouds • Big Ape City|
|Donkey Kong Land 2||Gangplank Galleon • Krem Cauldron • Krazy Kremland • Gloomy Gulch • K. Rool's Keep • The Flying Krock • Lost World|
|Donkey Kong Land III||Cape Codswallop • Primate Plains • Blackforest Plateau • Great Ape Lakes • Tin Can Valley • Lost World|