artwork of a Level Flag from Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
|Purpose(s)||ends the current stage|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (SNES)|
Donkey Kong Land III
Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (SNES) (1996)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) (2005)|
The Level Flag is a feature at the end of every stage in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! and Donkey Kong Land III, and the successor to the End of Stage Target from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.
Dixie or Kiddy Kong must jump on the rope to finish the current stage and raise their own flag. In the process, the Krem Flag, which indicates if the level is not finished by the Kongs, gets removed. It may also happen that a prize pops out from the top of the Level Flag, but only in the lost world Krematoa. Upon beating a stage in Krematoa the first time, a Cog will pop out of the Level Flag, but when beating the same stage again the Kongs will receive a Bear Coin.
Appearances on world map
The Level Flag takes on several appearances, which indicates which collectibles you've gotten and if you have finished the level. When the COLOR cheat is activated, the Level Flag will also be purple or green, depending on who raised the flag. Once the colored flag is raised, the color will be permanent, unless the Kongs finish the stage again in the Game Boy Advance version.
- Pink/Purple: Dixie finished the stage.
- Blue/Green: Kiddy finished the stage.
- Yellow Pennant: The DK Coin was collected.
- Lowered Flag: Not all of the Bonus Coins have been collected.
- Raised Blue/Pink Flag: All Bonus Coins were collected.
- The official artwork of the Level Flag shows the yellow pennant to have a DK symbol on it, although this is not the case in-game.