Kritter's artwork from Mario Super Sluggers.
|Residence||Formerly: Crocodile Isle|
Now: A newly constructed Crocodile Island
|Gender||Male (various members) |
Female (Kass and Kalypso)
|Games||Various games (except Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze)|
|First Apppearance||Donkey Kong Country|
|Latest Appearance||Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U|
Kritters (also known as Kremlings) are the most recurring subspecies from the Kremling population in Crocodile Isle. Various Kritters in the Kremling Krew are K. Rool's main troops and are very common in many stages.
The common Kritters are bipeds, have vertical pupils, red eyes, yellow pectoral, arms, 4 fingers, 3 toes with sharp toenails and a tail. They come in various colors, such as: green (most common), blue, brown, yellow, gray, red or purple.
In Donkey Kong Country, Kritters from the Kremling Krew wear a set of useless shoulder pads. In Donkey Kong 64, all Kritters wear black leather vests with a human skull-and-crossbones emblem on the back, but some varieties have different additional pieces. As of DK: King of Swing, DK: Jungle Climber, Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast and Mario Super Sluggers, Kritters have spikes on their forearms, belts with a skull buckle and ocher pants.
Several elements shown in Crocodile Isle and Kremlantis that Kritter subspecies is more dominant from Kremling species with many different members and many sizes.
According to the Lost World, their history was stored in this place where several Kritter statues as a tribal society. Undead pirates as Kloak and Kackle as Kritters as well. K. Rool, a pirate Kremling who founded the paramilitary pirate organization Kremling Krew becoming king of Kremlings and rule his own island, is a Kritter.
The common Kritters are short-temper with a ability to jump, punch, bite and run fiercely behind the enemy.
Skinny (most common), fat or small Kritters are weak that can be defeated by any Kongs attack. Muscular, large or burly members are quite invincible to the attacks of weak characters.
Donkey Kong Country TV seriesKritters appear occasionally in the Donkey Kong Country animated series, and were voiced by Lawrence Bayne. The Kritters in the show were accurately based off the Donkey Kong Country game, but their tails were shorter and the eyes were spread more apart. A unique Kritter called Green Kroc, who was a minion of Kaptain Skurvy, was grayish in color, somewhat like Kaboing.
"Donkey Kong Country" (comic)
A blue Kritter attacked Diddy and Donkey Kong in a cave in the Club Nintendo comic "Donkey Kong Country". He gets scared by Donkey's huge shadow, projected onto the wall by Squawks' torch. Donkey ultimately defeats him by throwing a Barrel at him. Like every character in the comic, the Kritter was able to speak.
Kritters have recently begun to appear in the Mario spin-off sports games; in Mario Power Tennis they appear in Donkey Kong's Court. In Super Mario Strikers, they are the game's goalies, the game also has a robotic Kritter as the goalie of the Super Team. They reappear as goalies in the game's sequel, Mario Strikers Charged. In this game, though, you can play as them to block Mega Strikes. Four different colored Kritters, along with King K. Rool, are playable in Mario Super Sluggers.
Mario Super Sluggers information:
- Note all Kritters have the "Keeper Catch" ability, all bat left and catch right. He is a homerun hitter.
- Green Kritter: "A brute whose glove hides his slow feet."
- Pitch: 4/10
- Bat: 7/10
- Field: 7/10
- Run: 3/10
- Blue Kritter: "A true brute with a good arm!"
- Pitch: 5/10
- Bat: 6/10
- Field: 7/10
- Run: 3/10
- Red Kritter: "A true brute who wields a big bat."
- Pitch: 3/10
- Bat: 8/10
- Field: 7/10
- Run: 3/10
- Brown Kritter: "A true brute who can run a bit."
- Pitch: 3/10
- Bat: 7/10
- Field: 7/10
- Run: 4/10
Kritters cameo in the fighting game Super Smash Bros. Brawl as two collectible trophies. Their descriptions are as follows;
- A member of the Kremlings. Led by King K. Rool, Kritters are the grunts of the army. They appear frequently in Donkey Kong Country in green, purple, blue, and other color variations--the blue ones 'will jump after Donkey Kong. Kritters also appear in Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast, pounding those barrels in pursuit of Donkey Kong.
- Kritter (Goalie)
- An underling of King K. Rool and the one and only goalie of Super Mario Strikers. In other words, it doesn't matter what team you play as--your goalie is going to be Kritter. Despite being at the very bottom of the Kremling ranks, he's responsible for what many might consider to be the toughest AND most important field position.
Kritters appeared in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U in Smash Run, exclusive for 3DS version.Kritters have a collectible trophy too. Look at the picture that shows the rewards acquired in Classic Mode!
|They are Kritters that are possessed by a unknown force inside one from Monkey Mines' mines. This possession those Kritters became frightful creatures, invincible to any attack and camouflage themselves as real rock. Fortunately they are stupid by being affected for Stop and Go Barrels.|
|They are a group of Kritters representing as Kremling Kreeps soldiers and they appeared in pier levels only.|
|Another group of Kritters resembling the Kobbles were also unappreciated soldiers of the remaining Kremlings for appearing only in the snowy places and slipping on the ice without falling.
They can be easily defeated like any ordinary Kritter, but become more complicated and fast when sliding on cross paths.
|This group was equipped with a bucket on the head and protected with a shield. Unlike the other remaining Kremlings, these pink Kritters are commanded by their cousin Koin in one of jungles from KAOS Kore.|
|Another Kritter group from Kremling Krew who are muscular this time, served as watchmen to patrol the dark mazes in Stealthy Snoop and prevent a member of the Kong Family from reaching the finish line.
They need to be avoided by one of the Kongs because of their flashlights, because one of them will lose the challenge and one of them will call reinforcements with the portable communicator
|As there are many mushrooms in the Fungi Forest, blue Kritters from Kremling Krew disguised themselves as mushrooms to wait for the Kongs to come close and start chasing them.
In the nighttime, these Kritters are replaced by Kosha.
|These skeletal Kritters are what's left from the Kremlings in the pirate society era on Crocodile Isle along with Kloak and Kackle.
Unlike normal kritters that hit and bite. These attack with a nailed club to it and kick. These undead Kremlings lose their body parts by soft attacks until they are killed again
|They are simply green Kritters wearing an old sheet with two eye holes to take on the appearance of a ghost. They are found only in the Creepy Castle and often do not reappear (some in other areas).
Unlike normal Kritters, they attack the Kongs simply by running behind them.
- King K. Rool
- Kuff 'n' Klout
- Green Kroc
- K. Lumsy
- This subspecies is a counterpart of Koopa Troopa.
- ↑ Barton, Jeff, Mario De Govia, and Donato Tica. Donkey Kong 64 Prima Official Game Guide. Page 16.
- ↑ DK: King of Swing Instruction Booklet, Nintendo, 2005, p. 22
- ↑ Gregg Mayle's answer accepted on Twitter, retrieved Jan 2,2019
- ↑ Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest Nintendo Power Player's Guide, page 20
- ↑ Donkey Kong Country Player's Guide, Nintendo, 1994, p. 14
- ↑ Donkey Kong Country Player's Guide, Nintendo, 1994, p. 48
- ↑ Donkey Kong Country Instruction Booklet, Nintendo, 2000, p. 18
- ↑ Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! Player's Guide, Nintendo, 1996, p. 12
- ↑ Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! Player's Guide, Nintendo, 1996, p. 100
- ↑ Steve Mayles. December 17, 2017. https://twitter.com/WinkySteve/status/942523428606799874. Twitter. Retrieved December 17, 2017.
|Bazuka | Big Klaptrap | Congazuma | General Klump | Green Kroc | Junior the Giant Klaptrap | K. Lumsy | Kaboing | Kaboom | Kackle | Kannon | Kasplat | Kalypso | Kaptain Skurvy | Kass | Kerozene | King K. Rool | Kip | Klump | Klubba | Kludge | Klampon | Klank | Klaptrap | Klasp | Klinger | Kloak | Klobber | Klomp | Knocka | Kobble | Koin | Koindozer | Kopter | Kosha | Krash | Krimp | Kritter | Kritter-in-a-Sheet | Krochead | Krook | Krossbones | Krosshair | Krumple | Krunch | Kruncha | Krusha | Kuchuka | Kudgel | Kuff 'n' Klout | Kutlass | Kutlass (character) | Mega AMP | Mr. X | Re-Koil | Resident Demon | Robo-Kritter | Rockkroc | Shroom Kritter | Skidda | TNT Knocka | Toy Kritter|
|Donkey Kong Barrel Blast Characters|
|Donkey | Diddy | Dixie | Lanky | Tiny | Funky | Wrinkly | Cranky|
|Kritter | Kip | Kass | Klump | Kalypso | Kludge | Kopter | King K. Rool|
|DK: King of Swing Characters|
|Donkey | Diddy | Dixie | Funky | Wrinkly | Kritter | King K. Rool | Bubbles|
|Candy | Cranky|