|Full Name||Krazy Kalimba|
|Residence||Donkey Kong Island|
|Affiliation||Tiki Tak Tribe|
|Occupation||Tiki Tak Tribe Leader|
|Boss Level||Mugly's Mound|
|Games||Donkey Kong Country Returns|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns|
|Latest Appearance||Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS (as a trophy)|
Krazy Kalimba is a leading member of the Tiki Tak Tribe, who appears in Donkey Kong Country Returns. It is the tiki who tried to hypnotize Donkey Kong to do it’s bidding, only to discover Donkey Kong was immune to hypnosis from being too smart, which leads to Kalimba getting beaten up by Donkey Kong, who sent it flying out of his Treehouse.
Krazy Kalimba later appears in the boss level, Mugly's Mound in the Jungle, where the expression on the tiki’s face to suggest the tiki is angry about being punched out of Donkey Kong's treehouse, it hypnotizes Mugly to attack Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. This boss battle against Mugly involves that Kongs jumping on the animal’s back 3 times. If done successfully, the animal will become enraged and go into its second form, making it look orange instead of yellow. Mugly then gains a new attack; doing a high jump that ends with a shockwave. This can be dodged easily, depending on your playstyle. when a ugly goes into his third phase, he turns red, and gains one final attack; doing a very fast dash at the Kongs. This will cause him to bump into the wall and flip onto his back, giving the Kongs room to attack.
However, Mugly is defeated and Krazy Kalimba is sent flying yet again. Despite it’s defeat, that isn't the end for the tiki, because it can later be seen with all the other Tiki leaders during the final boss battle, where they help Tiki Tong by turning into hands for it.
Krazy Kalimba has blue and red markings on its right to left side of its body. It also has rather sharp looking claws, opposed to the other Tiki leaders. It also has an unknown symbol in the middle of its head, which is 3 arrows pointing downward. the tiki has what appears to be a headband along with many wooden stakes appearing from the top it’s forehead, which also have symbols. The headband has a yellow one, along with 2 smaller red bands. The 2 ending sticks of its head glow blue and red, which is a neat detail, judging by how bright the paint on its face is. One small detail about Kalimba is that it’s middle loop on the bottom of its face is smaller than the rest.
- A Kalimba is an African percussion instrument that is usually described as the thumb piano.
- Krazy Kalimba stays unconscious for the longest time after being defeated, giving the player an almost guaranteed first success at punching the Tiki away.
- Krazy Kalimba is the only leader of the Tiki Tak Tribe that plays its tune after being defeated.
- Kalimba's tune is the base for all of the other Tikis. When one of the other Tikis, such as Wacky Pipes or Gong-Oh, play their tune, you can hear Kalimba's tune in the background, as well as the Tiki's respective instrument playing with it.
- Kalimba has the longest finger in the game, exceeding over all the other tikis with clawed hands.
- kalimba is one of the leafless tikis, like Gong-Oh and Xylobone. In other words, they do not have leaves on their bodies at all.
- Kalimba is the 4th largest Tiki, exceeding a small amount over Gong-Oh. It is beaten by Wacky Pipes, who is the 3rd largest.
- Because of its fingers, it beats Xylobone at having the longest limbs in the game, making it number 3, just behind Wacky Pipes.
- It is the 2nd most damaged tiki, showing multiple signs of wear on its head, along with water damage around its eye sockets.
|Donkey Kong Country/Land Series Bosses|
|Donkey Kong Country||Very Gnawty • Master Necky • Queen B. • Really Gnawty • Dumb Drum • Master Necky Snr. • King K. Rool|
|Donkey Kong Land||Wild Sting • Colossal Clambo • Hard Hat • King K. Rool|
|Country 2/Land 2||Krow • Kleever • Kudgel • King Zing • Kreepy Krow • Kerozene (GBA) • Kaptain K. Rool|
|Country 3/Land III||Belcha • Arich • Squirt • KAOS • Bleak • Kroctopus (GBA) • Barbos • Baron K. Roolenstein|
|DKC Returns||Mugly (Krazy Kalimba)• Scurvy Crew (The Maraca Gang) • Stu (Gong-Oh) • Mole Miner Max (Banjo Bottom) • Mangoruby (Wacky Pipes) • Thugly (Xylobone) • Colonel Pluck (Cordian) • Tiki Tong|
|DKC: Tropical Freeze||Pompy • Skowl • Ba-Boom • Fugu • Bashmaster • Lord Fredrik|