Klubba's artwork from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
|Powers/Abilities||Swinging his club|
|Games||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest |
Donkey Kong Land 2
|First Apppearance||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (GBA)|
- "Kap'n K. Rool treats us rotten. I hope yer scupper his plans!"
- —Klubba in Donkey Kong Country 2
Klubba was hired by Kaptain K. Rool to stop the Kongs from entering the Lost World, K. Rool's secret hideout and energy source of the island. He guards the golden barrels found in every world (except the Gangplank Galleon, The Flying Krock, and of course, Lost World, itself). Despite this, he can be bribed fifteen Kremkoins to allow the player to enter the Lost World.
When approached in his Kiosk, Diddy and Dixie Kong have three choices: To pay up the coins, fight him (which always results in a loss) or run away. The latter two are essentially the same, returning to the map screen. In the Game Boy Advance remake, a fourth option called "Bag a Bug" was added, which was a short minigame costing five Banana Coins. After paying him, however, he will happily let them into Lost World without the choices, being incredibly friendly to the Kongs afterward and going so far as to call them 'friends' and polishing the bridge just for them. One of his lines mentions that if the Kongs were to ever get into trouble, he will help them out at their time of need. At one point Klubba even tells the Kongs that Kaptain K. Rool treats him and the rest of the minions rotten, and hopes the Kongs will thwart his plans, hinting that Klubba doesn't show any hatred towards the Kongs.
- Klubba's position is reversed in Donkey Kong Land 2. He is now on the left side of the screen. In Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, he was on the right side of the screen.
- Interestingly, the Donkey Kong 64 version of the enemy Krash is extremely similar in appearance to Klubba; like Krash, Klubba is large, has an enormous muscular body with huge pecs and wields a large spiked club.
- Fitting the theme of pirate enemies in Donkey Kong Country 2, Klubba speaks in a stereotypical pirate accent.
- Klubba means "club" in Swedish.
- Klubba may be related to Kudgel.
|Bazuka | Big Klaptrap | Congazuma | General Klump | Green Kroc | Junior the Giant Klaptrap | K. Lumsy | Kaboing | Kaboom | Kackle | Kannon | Kasplat | Kalypso | Kaptain Skurvy | Kass | Kerozene | King K. Rool | Kip | Klump | Klubba | Kludge | Klampon | Klank | Klaptrap | Klasp | Klinger | Kloak | Klobber | Klomp | Knocka | Kobble | Koin | Koindozer | Kopter | Kosha | Krash | Krimp | Kritter | Kritter-in-a-Sheet | Krochead | Krook | Krossbones | Krosshair | Krumple | Krunch | Kruncha | Krusha | Kuchuka | Kudgel | Kuff 'n' Klout | Kutlass | Kutlass (character) | Mega AMP | Mr. X | Re-Koil | Resident Demon | Robo-Kritter | Rockkroc | Shroom Kritter | Skidda | TNT Knocka | Toy Kritter|