Kiddy's artwork from Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!.
|Residence||Donkey Kong Island|
|Family||Chunky Kong (older brother), |
Dixie Kong (older cousin),
Tiny Kong (older cousin),
|Affiliates||The Kong Family|
|Powers/Abilities||Great Strength, Tremendous Speed, Water Bounce|
|Enemies||Baron K. Roolenstein |
|Games||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! |
Donkey Kong Land III
Donkey Kong Racing (canceled)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Kiddy Kong, as his name implies, has a childish personality, being a toddler. For example, when Kiddy is defeated and loses a life, he throws a tantrum. He is an omnivore, simple, courageous, and also curious like a child; Dixie first finds Kiddy chewing on an old tire, and when the player is not controlling him, he will often pull on his sock. When the player switches between Dixie and Kiddy they pull pranks on each other, Kiddy will pick up Dixie by her hair and Dixie will pop her bubblegum to scare Kiddy. In the DKC3 ending they continued their pranks with Dixie making Kiddy slip on ice and Kiddy ramming Dixie off a cliff.
However, he is likely very cheery and brave and does not understand the greater consequences of his actions. For example, if Kiddy and Dixie Kong get a Game Over, the two is imprisoned in a crib with child's toys. While Dixie is clearly upset over being captured, the arrangement upsets him less than Dixie Kong. Kiddy Kong is also considered to have a personality similar to Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, as he seems to be getting into trouble all the time.
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Dixie Kong and her cousin, Kiddy Kong, travel around in the Northern Kremisphere, in search of the missing Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!. In both versions of the game, he is first seen with Funky Kong, who is reluctantly babysitting him. The chore is passed on to Dixie, and he joins her in her quest. He has great strength and speed (like Donkey and Diddy respectively) and is able to throw Dixie high up in the sky. Despite this throwing him upwards can cause him to break through cracked surfaces because of his weight, throwing him against the wall will make him roll which gives Dixie the chance to jump on and ride him, and Kiddy can bounce on water, which somewhat compliments Dixie's Helicopter Twirl. When defeated, he pounds the ground with his fists and cries loudly.
Donkey Kong Land III
In Donkey Kong Land III, Kiddy once again teams up with his cousin Dixie. Again, Donkey Kong and Diddy go off on an adventure, this time searching for the Lost World, so Kiddy and Dixie also search for it.
Donkey Kong Racing
Kiddy was apparently going to appear as a playable character in Donkey Kong Racing before it was canceled, as seen in a trailer.
- Dinky Kong, Baby Kong, Tiny Kong, Kiddy Kong, DJ Kong and Bibby Kong were the names considered for him.
- Originally, Donkey and Dixie Kong were meant to be playable alongside each other in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!; (since Dixie was intended to be the star of her own game, it's likely that Donkey was replaced so he wouldn't overshadow her role), Donkey is missing with Diddy, whereas Dixie is accompanied by her baby cousin Kiddy, who acts very much like a mix of Donkey and Diddy.
- So far, Kiddy has only appeared in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! and Donkey Kong Land III, and has seemingly been left out of subsequent DK games.
- Kiddy was going to appear in Donkey Kong Racing, but that game was cancelled and thus keeping him in only one game.
- Kiddy Kong is the only playable kong who's name didn't begin with the letter "D" in the first 3 SNES Donkey Kong Country games. However, in the Japanese versions he is known as Dinky Kong where all the playable Kongs' names in the DKC trology start with the letter D.
- Lanky Kong's exact relation to the Kong family is unknown. It is stated by Cranky that he is a distant cousin, some people however continue to further speculate, in the DK64 German manual, he's Chunky Kong's (meaning Kiddy's as well) uncle once removed (likely meaning the uncle of one of Chunky's parents, and since it only mentions Chunky, it is probably the parent who is not the sibling of one of Dixie Kong and Tiny Kong’s parents), however this not confirmed anywhere else.
- It is unknown if Kiddy will ever return in the next Donkey Kong Country game.
|Baby Donkey Kong | Baby Kong | Bink | Bluster Kong | Cactus King | Candy Kong | Chunky Kong | Cranky Kong | Diddy Kong | Dixie Kong | Donkey Kong | Donkey Kong Jr. | Dread Kong | Eddie | Funky Kong | Giant Donkey Kong | Ghastly King | Karate Kong | Kiddy Kong | Kong Fu | Lanky Kong | Ninja Kong | Robot Candy Clone | Sumo Kong | Swanky Kong | Tiny Kong | Wrinkly Kong|
|Types of Kong|
|Chained Kong | Skong | Kong | Manky Kong|