- "Many of the Kongs find it alarming that Kiddy has reached such a size at the tender age of three, and the fact that he seems to be curious and mischievous in proportion to his growth doesn't make things any easier for those who get themselves involved in babysitting. It was Dixie who found herself lumbered with this little cousin on her most recent escapade, during which Kiddy proved that the traditional Kong adventuring abilities (not to mention sheer brute strength) still run in the family. He's as wary of Kremlings as you'd expect for a kid of his age, but once he gets frustrated it's the Krems who'd better watch out..."
- —DKC Trilogy Cast List
|Dinky "Kiddy" Kong|
Kiddy's artwork from Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!.
|Full Name||Dinky "Kiddy" Kong|
|Aliases||Dinky Kong (birth name) |
|Residence(s)||Donkey Kong Island|
|Family||Chunky Kong (older brother), |
Dixie Kong (older cousin),
Tiny Kong (older cousin),
|Powers/Abilities||Great Strength, Tremendous Speed, Water Bounce|
|Enemies||Baron K. Roolenstein |
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! |
Donkey Kong Land III
Donkey Kong 64 (mentioned)
Donkey Kong Racing (cancelled)
Donkey Konga 2 (cameo and mentioned)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Kiddy Kong (named ディンキーコング; Dinky Kong, his birth name in Japan) is a 3-year-old baby baboon Kong and the youngest member of the Kong Family. Kiddy is described by Rare as being the co-star of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! and Donkey Kong Land 3; treating him and Dixie Kong as having the same/equal star power.
He debuted in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!. He is the younger brother of Chunky Kong and younger cousin of Dixie Kong and Tiny Kong. He shares a close relationship with his big cousin and older babysitter Dixie Kong, whom he eagerly worships as his hero and role model.
Kiddy Kong, as his name implies, has a childish, naive, and jokester personality, as he's a toddler despite having a body strong enough to crack the ground, and agile enough to bounce on water.
For example, when Kiddy is defeated and loses a life, he throws a tantrum. He is an omnivore, simple, courageous, and is also curious like a child; Dixie first finds Kiddy chewing on an old tire, and when the player is not controlling him, he will often pull on his footsies/socks. When the player switches between Dixie and Kiddy, they pull pranks on each other, Kiddy will pick up Dixie by her hair and Dixie will pop her bubblegum to scare Kiddy. In the DKC3 ending, they continued their pranks with Dixie making Kiddy slip on ice and Kiddy ramming Dixie off a cliff, which she survives.
However, he is likely very cheery and brave and does not understand the greater consequences of his actions, nor his own super powers. For example, if Kiddy and Dixie Kong get a Game Over, the two are imprisoned in a crib with child's toys. While Dixie is clearly upset over being captured, the arrangement upsets him less than Dixie Kong. Kiddy Kong is also considered to have a personality similar to Donkey and Diddy, as he seems to be getting into trouble all the time, yet he's comical like Lanky Kong.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 History
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Trivia
- 5 External links
Kiddy has light brown fur and brown eyes. He has a large mouth, and he also has a large bottom lip. His arms are long, and he also has big hands. Kiddy's legs and feet are small. His main feature are his blue pajamas, along with him sometimes having a pacifier.
Although Kiddy Kong does not appear in the Game Boy title, a portrait of Donkey Kong Jr. on the arcade cabinet is shown when playing using the Super Game Boy. He is wearing a blue leotard, a rare color that he hasn't worn in any other appearance due to his main color being white.
As DK Jr. became the inspiration of Diddy Kong, it's speculated that Junior's look and blue color in the picture also became the inspiration of Kiddy and his signature blue color; all three characters share the role of being the younger secondary Kong in their respective games. Diddy's original name was "Dinky" (until it was changed due to Rare having legal concerns), however Kiddy's Japanese name did become Dinky.
Dixie Kong and her cousin, Kiddy Kong (making his debut game appearance), travel around in the Northern Kremisphere, in search of the missing Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!. In both versions of the game, he is first seen with Funky Kong, who is reluctantly babysitting him.
The chore is passed on to Dixie, and he joins her in her quest. He has great strength and rolling speed (like Donkey and Diddy respectively) and is able to throw Dixie high up in the sky.
Despite this, throwing him upwards can cause him to break through cracked surfaces because of his weight, throwing him against the wall will make him roll which gives Dixie the chance to jump on and ride him like a Steel Keg, and Kiddy can bounce on water, which compliments Dixie's Helicopter Twirl. When defeated, he pounds the ground with his fists and cries loudly.
Due to Kiddy being a baby, he cannot compete in Swanky's Dash. Only Dixie can play.
In Donkey Kong Land III, Kiddy once again teams up with his cousin Dixie. Again, Donkey Kong and Diddy go off on an adventure, this time searching for the Lost World, so Kiddy and Dixie also search for it.
Kiddy is mentioned in the DK64 manual as being the baby brother of Chunky Kong.
Kiddy was apparently going to appear as a playable character in Donkey Kong Racing before it was cancelled, as seen in a trailer.
Kiddy Kong is referenced through his legal/real name Dinky Kong being used in one of Dixie's letters, he also makes a cameo in the game.
According to Dixie's letter, despite it being his first time playing an instrument, Kiddy instantly understood the concept of playing the bongos and discovered he has a talent in rhythm, beat, and flow, being able to accurately hit the unique drums at the same time.
While he doesn't physically appear in the game, Kiddy Kong's Water Skip ability to bounce on water has been reused in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze as Funky Kong can perform it using his surfboard.
Kiddy Kong appears in Dixie's enhanced spirit, which is the raft artwork from Donkey Kong Country 3. He doesn't have his own spirit though.
- Kiddy is the only Kong with a confirmed age, he is 3 years old.
- Dinky Kong, Baby Kong, Tiny Kong, Kiddy Kong, DJ Kong and Bibby Kong were the names considered for him.
- His name Dinky is a pun and play on the word "binky/binkie" referencing his natural baby habit of sucking on a pacifier.
- Originally, Donkey and Dixie Kong were meant to be playable alongside each other in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!; (since Dixie was intended to be the star of her own game, it's likely that Donkey was replaced so he wouldn't overshadow her role), Donkey is missing with Diddy, whereas Dixie is accompanied by her baby cousin Kiddy, who acts very much like a mix of Donkey and Diddy.
- So far, Kiddy has only appeared in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! and Donkey Kong Land III, and has seemingly been left out of subsequent DK games.
- Kiddy was going to appear in Donkey Kong Racing, but that game was cancelled and thus keeping him in only a small handful of games.
- Kiddy Kong (outside of Japan) is the only main playable Kong who's name doesn't begin with the letter "D" in the original Arcade/NES/SNES Donkey Kong trilogies (unless "Kiddy" is meant to be his nickname). However, in the Japanese versions he is indeed known as Dinky Kong matching the other main playable Kongs: Junior, Donkey, Diddy, and Dixie who all start with the letter D.
- Lanky Kong's exact relation to the Kong family is unknown. It is stated by Cranky that he is a twisted twig on a distant branch of the family tree and non-biological distant cousin, some people however continue to further speculate, in the DK64 German manual, he's Kiddy and Chunky Kong's uncle once removed (likely meaning the uncle of one of Kiddy and Chunky's parents, and since it only mentions Kiddy and Chunky, it is probably the parent who is not the sibling of one of Dixie Kong and Tiny Kong’s parents).
- However this is not confirmed anywhere else and not possible due to Lanky's very young age and is more likely a joke.
- Kiddy Kong in video games and other media has showcased many feats.
|Baby Donkey Kong | Baby Kong | Bink | Bluster Kong | Cactus King | Candy Kong | Chunky Kong | Cranky Kong | Diddy Kong | Dixie Kong | Donkey Kong | Donkey Kong Jr. | Dread Kong | Eddie the Mean Old Yeti | Funky Kong | Giant Donkey Kong | Ghastly King | Karate Kong | Kiddy Kong | Kong Fu | Lanky Kong | Ninja Kong | "Redneck Kong" | Sumo Kong | Swanky Kong | Tiny Kong | Wrinkly Kong|
|Types of Kong|
|Guerrilla/Chained Kong | Kong | Manky Kong|