- "Many of the Kongs find it alarming that Kiddy has reached such a size at the tender age of three, and the fact that he seems to be curious and mischievous in proportion to his growth doesn't make things any easier for those who get themselves involved in babysitting. It was Dixie who found herself lumbered with this little cousin on her most recent escapade, during which Kiddy proved that the traditional Kong adventuring abilities (not to mention sheer brute strength) still run in the family. He's as wary of Kremlings as you'd expect for a kid of his age, but once he gets frustrated it's the Krems who'd better watch out..."
- —DKC Trilogy Cast List
|Dinky "Kiddy" Kong|
Kiddy's artwork from Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!.
|Full Name||Dinky "Kiddy" Kong|
|Residence||Donkey Kong Island|
|Family||Chunky Kong (older brother), |
Dixie Kong (older cousin),
Tiny Kong (older cousin),
|Powers/Abilities||Great Strength, Tremendous Speed, Water Bounce|
|Enemies||Baron K. Roolenstein |
|Games||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! |
Donkey Kong Land III
Donkey Kong Racing (canceled)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Kiddy Kong, as his name implies, has a childish, naive, and jokester personality, as he's a toddler despite being strong enough to crack broken wood on the ground, and agile enough to bounce on water. For example, when Kiddy is defeated and loses a life, he throws a tantrum. He is an omnivore, simple, courageous, and also curious like a child; Dixie first finds Kiddy chewing on an old tire, and when the player is not controlling him, he will often pull on his footsies/socks. When the player switches between Dixie and Kiddy they pull pranks on each other, Kiddy will pick up Dixie by her hair and Dixie will pop her bubblegum to scare Kiddy. In the DKC3 ending they continued their pranks with Dixie making Kiddy slip on ice and Kiddy ramming Dixie off a cliff.
However, he is likely very cheery and brave and does not understand the greater consequences of his actions nor his own super powers. For example, if Kiddy and Dixie Kong get a Game Over, the two are imprisoned in a crib with child's toys. While Dixie is clearly upset over being captured, the arrangement upsets him less than Dixie Kong. Kiddy Kong is also considered to have a personality similar to Donkey and Diddy, as he seems to be getting into trouble all the time, yet he's comical like Lanky Kong.
Kiddy has light brown fur and brown eyes. He has a large mouth, and so has a large bottom lip. His arms are long, and he also has big hands. Kiddy's legs and feet are small. His main feature are his blue pajamas, along with sometimes having a pacifier.
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Dixie Kong and her cousin, Kiddy Kong, travel around in the Northern Kremisphere, in search of the missing Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!. In both versions of the game, he is first seen with Funky Kong, who is reluctantly babysitting him. The chore is passed on to Dixie, and he joins her in her quest. He has great strength and speed (like Donkey and Diddy respectively) and is able to throw Dixie high up in the sky. Despite this throwing him upwards can cause him to break through cracked surfaces because of his weight, throwing him against the wall will make him roll which gives Dixie the chance to jump on and ride him, and Kiddy can bounce on water, which somewhat compliments Dixie's Helicopter Twirl. When defeated, he pounds the ground with his fists and cries loudly.
Donkey Kong Land III
In Donkey Kong Land III, Kiddy once again teams up with his cousin Dixie. Again, Donkey Kong and Diddy go off on an adventure, this time searching for the Lost World, so Kiddy and Dixie also search for it.
Donkey Kong Racing
Kiddy was apparently going to appear as a playable character in Donkey Kong Racing before it was canceled, as seen in a trailer.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Kiddy Kong appears in Dixie's enhanced spirit, which is the raft artwork from Donkey Kong Country 3. He doesn't have his own spirit though.
- Dinky Kong, Baby Kong, Tiny Kong, Kiddy Kong, DJ Kong and Bibby Kong were the names considered for him.
- His name Dinky is a pun and play on the word "binky/binkie" referencing his natural baby habit of sucking on a pacifier.
- Originally, Donkey and Dixie Kong were meant to be playable alongside each other in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!; (since Dixie was intended to be the star of her own game, it's likely that Donkey was replaced so he wouldn't overshadow her role), Donkey is missing with Diddy, whereas Dixie is accompanied by her baby cousin Kiddy, who acts very much like a mix of Donkey and Diddy.
- So far, Kiddy has only appeared in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! and Donkey Kong Land III, and has seemingly been left out of subsequent DK games.
- Kiddy was going to appear in Donkey Kong Racing, but that game was cancelled and thus keeping him in only a small handful of games.
- Kiddy Kong (outside of Japan) is the only main playable Kong who's name doesn't begin with the letter "D" in the original Arcade/NES/SNES Donkey Kong trilogy (unless "Kiddy" is meant to be his nickname). However, in the Japanese versions he is indeed known as Dinky Kong matching the other main playable Kongs Junior, Donkey, Diddy, and Dixie who all start with the letter D.
- Lanky Kong's exact relation to the Kong family is unknown. It is stated by Cranky that he is a twisted twig on a distant branch of the family tree and non-biological distant cousin, some people however continue to further speculate, in the DK64 German manual, he's Kiddy and Chunky Kong's uncle once removed (likely meaning the uncle of one of Kiddy and Chunky's parents, and since it only mentions Kiddy and Chunky, it is probably the parent who is not the sibling of one of Dixie Kong and Tiny Kong’s parents).
- However this not confirmed anywhere else and not possible due to Lanky's very young age and is more likely a joke.
- Kiddy Kong in video games and other media has showcased many feats.
- It is unknown if Kiddy will ever return in a future Donkey Kong Country game.
|Baby Donkey Kong | Baby Kong | Bink | Bluster Kong | Cactus King | Candy Kong | Chunky Kong | Cranky Kong | Diddy Kong | Dixie Kong | Donkey Kong | Donkey Kong Jr. | Dread Kong | Eddie | Funky Kong | Giant Donkey Kong | Ghastly King | Karate Kong | Kiddy Kong | Kong Fu | Lanky Kong | Ninja Kong | Robot Candy Clone | Sumo Kong | Swanky Kong | Tiny Kong | Wrinkly Kong|
|Types of Kong|
|Chained Kong | Skong | Kong | Manky Kong|