Kiddy Kong's artwork from the game Donkey Kong Country 3.
|Family||Kong Family, |
Chunky Kong (older brother),
Dixie Kong (older cousin),
Tiny Kong (older cousin)
|Powers/Abilities||Great strength, |
|Enemies||Kremling Krew, |
Baron K. Roolenstein
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!, |
Donkey Kong Land III,
Donkey Kong Racing (canceled),
Donkey Konga 2 (cameo and mention),
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (cameo)
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (for SNES) (1996)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3 (for GBA) (2005)|
- "It was Dixie who found herself lumbered with this little cousin on her most recent escapade, during which Kiddy proved that the traditional Kong adventuring abilities (not to mention sheer brute strength) still run in the family. He's as wary of Kremlings as you'd expect for a kid of his age, but once he gets frustrated it's the Krems who'd better watch out..."
- —DKC Trilogy Cast List
Kiddy Kong (ディンキーコング, Dinky Kong in Japan) is a three-year-old Kong and the youngest member of the Kong Family. Kiddy plays the role of the co-star in the games Donkey Kong Country 3 and Donkey Kong Land III. He is the younger brother of Chunky Kong and younger cousin of Dixie and Tiny Kong.
A Baby for a Sidekick
At the start of Donkey Kong Country 3, Dixie arrives in the Northern Kremisphere in search of the missing Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. She goes to Funky's Rentals, where Funky Kong has been reluctantly babysitting Kiddy Kong. The chore is passed on to Dixie, and he joins her in her quest.
Kiddy has great strength and rolling speed (like Donkey and Diddy respectively) and is able to throw Dixie high into the sky. Despite this, throwing him upwards can cause him to break through cracked surfaces because of his weight, throwing him against the wall will make him roll which gives Dixie the chance to jump on and ride him like a Steel Keg, and Kiddy can bounce on water, which compliments Dixie's Helicopter Twirl. When defeated, he pounds the ground with his fists and cries loudly.
Donkey Kong Land III
In Donkey Kong Land III, Kiddy once again teams up with his cousin Dixie. Again, Donkey Kong and Diddy go off on an adventure, this time searching for The Lost World, so Kiddy and Dixie also search for it.
Donkey Kong Racing
Donkey Konga 2
In Donkey Konga 2, Kiddy Kong is referenced through his Japanese name Dinky Kong being used in one of Dixie's letters, he also makes a cameo in the game. According to Dixie's letter, despite it being his first time playing an instrument, Kiddy instantly understood the concept of playing the bongos and discovered he has a talent in rhythm, beat, and flow, being able to accurately hit the unique drums at the same time.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Kiddy has light brown fur and brown eyes. He has a large mouth, with a rather large bottom lip (a trait shared with his brother Chunky Kong). He has a chubby body with large are arms, and his legs and feet are disproportionately small in comparison. He wears a blue onesie and is depicted only in the official artworks with a green pacifier.
Kiddy Kong's attributes are mainly those of a toddler, matching his age. When Kiddy is defeated and loses a life, he throws a tantrum. He is, typical for toddlers, very curious, and is most likely unware of the true dangers that surround him. He can also be mischievous, with him and Dixie often pulling pranks on each other. (ex. if the player switches between Dixie and Kiddy, Kiddy will pick up Dixie by the head and Dixie will pop her bubblegum to scare Kiddy. During DKC3's end credits, they continue pranking each other with Dixie making Kiddy slip on ice and Kiddy ramming Dixie.)
- "Dinky Kong", "Baby Kong", "Tiny Kong", "DJ Kong" and "Bibby Kong" were all names originally considered for him.
- The name "Dinky" was considered until it was changed due to Rare having legal concerns. However, Kiddy's Japanese name did become "Dinky Kong".
- "Dinky" is a pun and play on the word "binky"/"binkie" referencing his baby habit of sucking on a pacifier.
- Originally, Donkey and Dixie Kong were meant to be playable alongside each other in the game Donkey Kong Country 3, since Dixie was intended to be the star of her own game, it is likely that Donkey was replaced so he would not overshadow her role. Donkey is missing with Diddy, whereas Dixie is accompanied by her baby cousin Kiddy, who acts very much like a mix of Donkey and Diddy, keeping Diddy's swiftness and Donkey's strength.
- Kiddy Kong (outside of Japan) is the only main playable Kong who's name does not begin with the letter "D" in the classic Donkey Kong games and the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy (unless "Kiddy" is meant to be his nickname). However, in the Japanese versions he is indeed known as Dinky Kong matching the other main playable Kongs: Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Dixie Kong who all start with the letter "D".
- According to Mark Stevenson, one of the lead artists of the game Donkey Kong Country 3, Kiddy Kong's design is inspired by the character George Dawes from the British comedy TV series Shooting Stars. The character, portrayed by Matt Lucas, is described as a giant baby.
- Lanky Kong's exact relation to the Kong family is unknown. It is stated by Cranky that he is a twisted twig on a distant branch of the family tree and non-biological distant cousin, some people however continue to further speculate certain things. In the DK64 German manual, he is mentioned Kiddy and Chunky Kong's uncle once removed (likely meaning the uncle of one of Kiddy and Chunky's parents, and since it only mentions Kiddy and Chunky, it is probably the parent who is not the sibling of one of Dixie and Tiny Kong's parents).
- When the "COLOR" cheat code is activated in the game Donkey Kong Country 3, Kiddy's pajamas turn green.
- New Rare Games - Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! on Rareware (saved on Wayback Machine)
- Donkey Kong Country Trilogy Cast List - Kiddy Kong on Rareware (saved on Wayback Machine)
- Donkey Kong 64 Cast List on Rareware (saved on Wayback Machine)
- Donkey Kong Racing - E3 2001 Trailer on YouTube
- Talking to Kiddy Kong's Creator for DKC3's 25th Anniversary! (Kiddy Origins, DK64 & More!) on YouTube
- Shooting Stars (British TV series) on Wikipedia
- Matt Lucas on Wikipedia
|Baby Donkey Kong | Baby Kong | Bink | Bluster Kong | Cactus King | Candy Kong | Chunky Kong | Cranky Kong | Diddy Kong | Dixie Kong | Donkey Kong | Donkey Kong Jr. | Dread Kong | Eddie the Mean Old Yeti | Funky Kong | Giant Donkey Kong | Ghastly King | Karate Kong | Kiddy Kong | Kong Fu | Lanky Kong | Ninja Kong | "Redneck Kong" | Sumo Kong | Super Kong | Swanky Kong | Tiny Kong | Ultra Barrel DK | Uncle Kong | Wrinkly Kong|
|Types of Kong|
|Guerrilla/Chained Kong | Kong | Manky Kong|