The Key Temples, also known as K-stages, are special hidden levels in Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D that are unlocked by finding all of the K-O-N-G Letters in each regular level of a world. There is one Key Temple in each world, except for the Cloud world in Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. The Key Temples levels do not possess K-O-N-G Letters to collect, Bonus Rooms or checkpoints. Completing each Key Temple grants a Rare Orb. All eight Rare Orbs are necessary to open the door to the Golden Temple in the overworld map of Donkey Kong Island.
Worlds and Key Temples Levels
- Jungle: 1-K Platform Panic
- Beach: 2-K Tumblin' Temple
- Ruins: 3-K Shifty Smashers
- Cave: 4-K Jagged Jewels
- Forest: 5-K Blast 'n' Bounce
- Cliff: 6-K Perilous Passage
- Factory: 7-K Treacherous Track
- Volcano: 8-K Five Monkey Trial
- All Key Temple levels are decorated with golden motifs and statues resembling elements and scenes from the original Donkey Kong game.