|Diddy Kong Racing Track|
|Balloon # Required||5, 10 (Silver Coin Challenge)|
|<< List of Tracks>>|
Hot Top Volcano is the fourth track in set for Diddy Kong Racing and it's DS counterpart. 5 Golden Balloons are required to enter the course, and after Tricky the Triceratops is defeated the first time, 10 are required to reenter and compete in the second challenge. It is the first course to have the plane as a default vehicle.
The course starts out on a cliff. After falling down, a stone pillar is found. Players can go left or right, but both ways lead to the same tunnel. The right path is slightly longer. They will then enter a tunnel with a lava flow in the middle and 2 small roads on the sides. After a few curves, the exit can be seen, which leads to another cliff. After falling down, they will enter another tunnel filled with lava. A zipper can be found here. After a curve, players will see the exit and enter a valley, where they must make another turn. A lava flow can be seen, along with a zipper above it. The lava flow contains a few platforms that can serve as ramps. Another zipper appears above the last platform. A ramp inside a tunnel follows, which leads to the finish line.
Silver Coin Locations
Like other levels, Hot Top Volcano is filled with eight coins, scattered all around the area. The coins only appear after player has beaten Tricky the Triceratops for the first time.
- On the right hand side of the pillar just past the starting line
- Through the left hand tunnel entrance to lava part of the course
- in the middle of the course above the lava between two red balloons
- In the middle of the course over the first ramp
- Above the land bridge above four balloons
- Centre of the exit from the lava tunnel
- In the first zipper beyond the dinosaur
- In the second zipper
- This was the only course in the original where the Car is not available as an option, due to the course's incompatibility for that vehicle. In the DS remake, Everfrost Peak removes the option for a Car, making them the only two courses in that one to not have the Car option available.