|Diddy Kong Racing Track|
|Balloon # Required||22, 37 (Silver Coin Challenge)|
|Transportation||Car & Hovercraft|
|<< List of Tracks>>|
Players start at the exit of a castle tunnel, the track almost immediately takes a right turn to a fountain where players must either turn left or right (or go through the fountain if they're using hovercrafts). The track then turns to the right again through a section of castle containing a zipper before exiting out into an open area. The open area quickly transitions into the titular haunted forest where ghosts resembling whizpig will float at the player. The track curves to the left in the forest before coming out onto a wooden bridge which delivers the player into the castle tunnel with the starting line at the end of it.
Coin Challenge Locations
Like other levels, Haunted Woods is filled with eight coins, scattered all around the area. The coins only appear after player has beaten Smokey the Dragon for the first time. To compete in the Coin Challenge, a total of 37 Golden Balloons is needed to reenter this course.
- On the path to the left of the fountain
- To the far right of the path, along the wall, of the tunnel
- In the center of the path between the tunnel and the forest
- Under a tree on the left of the path in the forest section
- Directly after the sixth coin
- In the middle of the wooden bridge between the forest and the castle tunnel
- Directly in front of the fountain
- On the path to the right of the fountain