Wii U) that Nintendo has released. They are listed below with a brief description along with what Donkey Kong games are playable.Currently, there are only seven handheld devices (excluding the Game Pad of the
- Game Boy - a handheld system with an LCD screen, and insertable and removable cartridges. Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Land, Donkey Kong Land 2, and Donkey Kong Land III are all playable on this system.
- Game Boy Color - basically a remake of the Game Boy; has three times as much memory, and has a screen that can project color. Donkey Kong Country, and all of the other games on the Game Boy are compatible with this system.
- Game Boy Advance (SP) - an upgraded version of the previous Game Boys; like a laptop computer, it's lid flips own to conserve space (only for the SP). It now has a backlit screen, adjustable brightness, and compatibility to play all the Game Boy games previous of it. All the games on the Game Boy Color, Game Boy are playable. Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!, and DK: King of Swing are also playable.
- Nintendo DS - has a flip screen like the Game Boy Advance SP; has two screens, one for the bottom half, and one for the top half. The bottom screen features a touch screen. The system comes with a Stylus, a pen-like pointer used on the touch screen. Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!, Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, and DK: Jungle Climber are all playable.
- Nintendo 3DS - much like the Nintendo DS; has a 3D effect that they user can increase or decrease, has a circle pad in the place of a D-pad, has a wireless switch, and much more. Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars, and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D are compatible to the 3DS. All Nintendo DS and 2DS games can be played too.
- Nintendo 2DS - almost exactly similar to the 3DS; has a flat face (no more flipping of screens like the Nintendo DS and 3DS), has a mono speaker. All games from the DS and 3DS are playable.
- New Nintendo 3DS - an upgraded version of the 3DS; possesses larger screens than the 3DS, making it easier to see the 3D effect. Also has better image and has stereo speakers. All games from the DS, Game Boy Advance, and 3DS are compatible.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.