Funky's Store, also called Funky's Armory, is a place where the Kongs can buy weapons and weapon-related upgrades in Donkey Kong 64. The music and atmosphere of the shop resemble an army surplus store, as does the design of the owner, Funky Kong.
All weapons cost 3 coins and hold up to 50 ammo, and are available as soon as the Kongs first visit Funky's Store:
- Donkey Kong - Coconut Gun
- Diddy Kong - Peanut Popguns
- Tiny Kong - Feather Bow
- Lanky Kong - Grape Shooter
- Chunky Kong - Pineapple Launcher
- Ammo Belt 1 - Allows the Kongs to hold 100 of their weapons' ammo. This upgrade costs 3 coins, and is accessible starting in Frantic Factory.
- Homing Ammo - Allows the Kongs to use Homing ammo, which causes their shots to home in on enemies; 10 homing ammo can be carried at a time. This upgrade costs 5 coins, and is accessible starting in Fungi Forest.
- Ammo Belt 2 - Allows the Kongs to hold 200 more of their weapons' ammo, and 20 homing ammo. This upgrade costs 5 coins, and is accessible starting in Crystal Caves.
- Sniper - Allows the Kongs to see farther in the distance while shooting in first-person, and allows their shots to go further before disappearing. This upgrade costs 7 coins, and is accessible starting in Creepy Castle.
Features and uses
If a Kong visits Funky's Store while having less than the maximum amount of ammo, he will increase their ammo to the maximum.
- This is the first time in any Donkey Kong game that has Funky run a shop that does not involve transportation.