|World(s)||Donkey Kong Island|
|Music Theme(s)||Lobby, Day, Night|
|Bonus Room(s)||Krazy Kong Klamour!, & Barrel Cannon course|
|Notable Feature(s)||Introduces blue Kong Switches|
|Enemies Encountered||Kasplats, Killer Tomatoes, Krossbones, Koshas, Flip-Flaps, Puftups, Klumps, Zingers, Shroom Kritters|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong 64
Fungi Forest is the fifth world in Donkey Kong 64.
Fungi Forest, as the name states, features numerous forests of mushrooms. The stage centers around a giant Cuckoo Clock, which has the ability to change day into night and vice-versa. Most of the areas of this world are only accessible during certain times of the day, and enemies are also affected by time as well, often becoming more hostile when day becomes night.
Entry to this World requires fifty Golden Bananas.
|Kong||Banana 1||Banana 2||Banana 3||Banana 4||Blueprint|
|Donkey Kong||Inside the Mill, after you destroy the box with the question mark, DK can super simian slam the switch in the box and enter a gate to Grip Grab the levers in a cerain order (middle, left, left, right, middle). At night, DK can go outside and get his prize.||At night-time, DK can use Strong Kong to go through the thorns into another room where he can play Minecart Mayhem for your Golden Banana.||Use every character's weapon to hit all five switches, then DK can ride up the giant mushroom with cannons and get the Banana.||At the Baboon Blast Pad, DK can play a Baboon Blast mini-stage, and play Peril Path Panic, and win his Golden Banana.||Where you found Banana 2, DK's Kasplat is behind the entire thorn area.|
|Diddy Kong||At the top of the Mill, enter the hole shoot the On Switch at the top of the winch. Then hit the Green Up Switch with a Chimpy Charge.||Diddy can go through the rafters near the rosebushes with the help of Squawks and get a Golden Banana.||Diddy can Jetbarrel Boost up to the very top of the Giant Mushroom into the Bonus Barrel, and he can play Teetering Turtle Trouble.||Diddy needs to race the owl, go through all the hoops, and beat the owl, and then play Busy Barrel Barrage to win a Golden Banana.||Diddy's Blueprint is found in the second floor of the Giant Mushroom.|
|Lanky Kong||At night-time, go into the mill, and kill the bats for your Golden Banana.||At the top platform of the Giant Mushroom, Lanky can hit a switch, enter the newly-opened door, kill the two Zingers, and bounce on the mushrooms to win a Golden Banana.||Do the same switch, and go through the OTHER open door. You can travel into it, and then Super Simian Slam the mushrooms in order according ot the chart for Lanky's third Banana.||Lanky, at daytime, can race the rabbit near the carrot object by blowing his Trombone Tremor on the pad. Beat him for three Blue Coins. Learn Orangsprint in Crystal Caves, and race him again for a Golden Banana.||Lanky's Kasplat is under the big tree near Bananaport 4.|
|Tiny Kong||Inside the Giant Mushroom, Tiny can hit the Tiny Switch, reach the new Banana Barrel, and play Speedy Swing Sortie for the banana of gold.||Use the Tiny Barrel behind the tree-stump, play the Sax on the Pad, have Squawks drop you in, and throw Oranges at the Purple Kasplats. When they're all defeated, you'll get a Golden Banana and a strange bean. Grab both.||Using that very bean, Tiny can travel to the beanstalk area, watch it grow, go in the Tiny Barrel, play the Sax on the Pad, and have Squawks lift her to her Banana.||At nighttime, have Tiny go into the Tiny Barrel, go through the tiny hole, and enter hole. Shoot the Giant Spider Queen in the eye after defeating her tiny spider minions. Repeat this process, and hit her when She's shrunk down to defeat it and gain a Golden Banana.||Tiny's Blueprint is on one of the platforms around the Giant Mushroom.|
|Chunky Kong||Have Chunky put three oil barrels (one is found in a different room) on the conveyor belt after playing the Triangle Pad, and then go get your prize.||Chunky can Super Simian Slam onto the grate above the well in the main area, and beat the Mine Cart minigame to win a Golden Banana. 50 coins are needed to win.||Chunky can use Hunky Chunky to summon the tomatoes in the Bananaport 2 area, and Super Simian Slam the tomatoes. Then he has to carry the worm all the way to the Apple marking on the ground.||At the top of the Giant Mushroom, slam the Chunky Switch in front of a wooden door, and solve the puzzle to form Chunky's face for the Golden Banana.||At nighttime, Chunky needs to swing across the vines in the Giant Mushroom to fight the Kasplat and win the Blueprint.|
Names in Other Languages
|French||Forêt Foldingue||Crazy Forest|
|German||Wunder Wald||Wonder Forest|
|Italian||La Foresta dei Funghi||The Mushrooms Forest|
|Spanish||Selva de Setas||Mushroom Forest|
- Fungi Forest was originally going to be included in Banjo-Kazooie and was going to be named as "Fungus Forest", but due to insufficient time in the game's development, Rare could not manage to feature the stage in the game, along with a few other stages. Interestingly, the stage was later added in Donkey Kong 64, although it is unknown how much of its original form was retained. Oddly, Banjo-Kazooie still retained a couple of references of its own version of Fungi Forest, such as a beta soundtrack from the stage within the game files.
- This is the only level where the Mushroom Trampoline for normal sized Kongs appears in. The Mushroom Trampoline that appears in the levels Jungle Japes and Creepy Castle can only be used by Tiny Kong in her Mini Monkey form.
- If Tiny Kong falls into the pit inside the tree stump, she will be sent back to the start of the level.
- Shortly before the battle with the Giant Spider Queen with Tiny Kong, the Giant Mushroom mushroom music plays.
- Snide's HQ being blocked off at night is likely a reference businesses in general being closed for the night.
- After Chunky's mine cart ride, the time setting will be at night regardless if it was day or night before going into the well that leads to his mine cart ride.
|Donkey Kong 64 Areas|
|Jungle Japes | Angry Aztec | Frantic Factory | Gloomy Galleon | Fungi Forest | Crystal Caves | Creepy Castle | Hideout Helm |
K. Lumsy's Island | Banana Fairy Island