|Diddy Kong Racing DS|
|Release Date:|| Feburary 5, 2007 |
April 19, 2007
April 20, 2007
Diddy Kong Racing DS is a racing game for the Nintendo DS. It is both the remake and sequel of Diddy Kong Racing for the Nintendo 64 and released on the original game's 10 year anniversary. It is Rare's first game for the DS and uses Nintendo Wi-Fi. It's also one of the last games Rare developed for Nintendo.
Nintendo DS Remake/Sequel Differences
Some of the Nintendo DS version of this game's differences include:
- Tiny Kong's design has been changed to that of a young adult via her new redesign by Nintendo
- Some Balloons are obtained or moved to different locations
- The Silver Coin Challenge is taken out and replaced with the Balloon Touch Challenge (The Silver Coin Challenge exists as a buyable mode for 20 coins, to unlock DS Exclusive tracks in this mode you MUST get gold on all Balloon Touch Challenges, this includes Adventure 2)
- You can buy stuff with obtainable coins
- To unlock T.T. you must do all Adventure 1 Time Trials this includes the vehicles that are not normally used on each track (for example the plane on Ancient Lake), you do NOT need to have Adventure 2 unlocked, and you do NOT need the DS exclusive tracks unlocked
- Instead of timing the start boost, you either use your stylus or blow into the microphone, (this doesn't apply for Taj's challenges as it's timing based on those)
- The keys have their own distinct features, have different shapes, and different colors instead of the same gold color
- There are 4 new unlockable stages based on the Donkey Kong series:
- The colors aren't as bright as in the original
- The opening, credits, and starting Adventure Mode changes setting.
- The voice actors for all the characters changed with the exception of T.T.'s.
- In the original game it was possible to race in the car on Everfrost Peak due to the ice not being water, this was changed in the DS version to where the ice is water, and it's no longer possible to race in the car on this track.
The gameplay remains relatively unchanged from its predecessor, with the exception of the Balloon Touch Challenge.
|Donkey Kong series|
|Classic||Donkey Kong • Donkey Kong Jr. (Math) • Donkey Kong 3 • Donkey Kong '94|
|Mario vs. DK||Mario vs. Donkey Kong • March of the Minis • Minis March Again! • Mini-Land Mayhem!|
|Donkey Kong Country||Donkey Kong Country • Diddy's Kong Quest • Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! • Returns (3D) • Tropical Freeze|
|Donkey Kong Land||Donkey Kong Land • Land 2 • Land III|
|DK||DK: King of Swing • DK: Jungle Climber|
|Single games||Donkey Kong 64 • Donkey Kong Jungle Beat|
|Racing games||Diddy Kong Racing (DS) • Diddy Kong Pilot • Donkey Kong Racing • Donkey Kong Barrel Blast|
|Donkey Konga||Donkey Konga • Donkey Konga 2 • Donkey Konga 3|
|Game and Watch||Donkey Kong Hockey • Donkey Kong Circus|
|Other games||Donkey Kong Coconut Crackers • Donkey Kong: Jungle Fever • Donkey Kong: Banana Kingdom|