|Greater location(s)||DK Isles|
|Ruler(s)||King K. Rool|
|Game(s)|| Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest|
Donkey Kong Land 2
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Land 2|
- "Well done, Diddy, m'boy! Who'd have known you'd be able to rescue that lazy grandson of mine and dump K. Rool in his own filthy island?"
- —Cranky Kong in Donkey Kong Country 2 GBA
Crocodile Isle is the place Diddy and Dixie adventured through in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest and Donkey Kong Land 2 to save Donkey Kong from the Kremling Krew. It is the place where the Kremlings originate and King K. Rool's regin.
The Crocodile Isle is a high mountainous island with carved crocodile heads up and down. The landscapes of this island contain a huge number of swamps, underground volcanoes, brambles that spread all over the island, ghost town, cavernous glaciers formed by altitude and a lost civilization where the Kremlings were born.
Under Kremling Krew's power, a fortress was established where K. Rool would rule the entire island and an amusement park for his minions to fun. In contrast to neighboring island Donkey Kong Island which is ecosystemically natural, Crocodile Isle is a gloomy and dark because from pollution and waste by the K. Rool's dictatorship. This is demonstrated by dead trees, mining, garbage and toxic waste which became the island completely barren.
This island was explored for the first time by Cranky Kong where he has all the knowledge here. This fact also explains by Cranky himself about his knowledge from Lost World and Kremkoins role. Some members of Kong Family as Dixie Kong and Funky Kong mentioned the name of the island only, but never explored before.
During the events of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Diddy and Dixie Kong adventured through Crocodile Isle in their search for the recently kidnapped Donkey Kong. If players manage to obtain the "best" ending in Donkey Kong Country 2, Kaptain K. Rool will end up clogging the volcano in Krocodile Kore, causing an explosion which will cause Crocodile Isle to sink into the sea.
In Donkey Kong Land 2, Crocodile Isle ends up being brought back up to the surface by Kaptain K. Rool, together with all the inhabitants. Due to its sinking, the island is somewhat ravaged. The most notable difference on the island is that Crocodile Cauldron and Krem Quay have fused together to create Krem Cauldron. Additionally, the volcano in Krocodile Kore no longer pumps out energy. At the end of this game, Crocodile Isle once again ends up sinking.
Though Crocodile Isle never directly appeared on the Donkey Kong Country animated series, several Kremling characters such as King K. Rool and Kaptain Skurvy would sometimes mention the "swamps back home".
In the obscure Donkey Kong comic Bumm-Badabumm Im Urwald, Crocodile Isle never made a direct appearance, though several locations ventured through in the comic, such as a Krochead and crashed ship filled swamp, along with the "Lost Land (Lost World)" are obviously based off areas of Crocodile Isle.
List of Locations
- Gangplank Galleon: King K. Rool's Galleon is now wrecked, decaying and abandoned on the left coast of Crocodile Isle.
- Crocodile Cauldron: This area is a series of volcanoes. There are ships sunken in the lava, which indicate that the Cauldron was once a regular sea, but a series of volcano eruptions turned the area into a lava-filled world. There appears to be mine shafts filled with gems that the Kremling Krew appear to be mining.
- Krem Cauldron: Is the intersection between Crocodile Cauldron and Krem Quay.
- Krem Quay: The area is a dark polluted swamp with a very large broken shipwreck.
- Krazy Kremland: Is an amusement park for Kremlings. Oddly, there are brambles grown inside it. There is a series of beehives in its entrance.
- Gloomy Gulch: The area, as the name suggests, is quite gloomy, scary and aged. Many ghosts resides in this area.
- K. Rool's Keep: It is K. Rool's castle, at the very top of Crocodile Isle. There are a mine and even ice areas, oddly, meaning that there could be an icy core inside the castle.
- The Flying Krock: Is Kaptain K. Rool's giant airship.
- Lost World: The area itself is located inside Crocodile Isle. The area also has a bizarre climate, some portions of it being jungle others being volcanic and some frozen caverns. In the center of the Lost World is a large volcano called Krocodile Kore, which happens to be shaped like a Kremling's head.
Donkey Kong 64 Stages
Lobbies in Donkey Kong 64
Note: These files aren't compatible with Internet Explorer
|The main map from the game.||David Wise||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest|
|Boss battle theme from the game which is an arrangement of Welcome to Crocodile Isle.|
|K. Rool's battle theme from the game which is an arrangement of Welcome to Crocodile Isle|
|An excerpt of the arrangement from Welcome to Crocodile Isle.||Soshi Abe||Super Smash Bros. Ultimate|
- Official artwork of Crocodile Isle shows the island horizontally flipped, with the most noticeable differences being Gangplank Galleon and Crocodile Cauldron being located on the right side while Krem Quay is on left side, all of which are opposites of what is presented in-game. In the same artwork, the name of the amusement park, Krazy Kremland, is not in reverse however, despite the aforementioned flip. This suggests that the island's artwork was the original and intended position, but was flipped in-game (except for the Krazy Kremland name) due to unknown reasons. Evidence supporting this are the rock faces of K. Rool below his castle on the entire island's overworld map, all of which have the massive eye-tick on the wrong side in-game while the artwork shows it, correctly, on the face's left side.
- The GBA version of DKC 2 remade the island's overworld map and corrected its position in order to make it identical and faithful to the artwork mentioned above.
- ↑ About Gloomy Gulch: Don't count on meeting another living soul in this dilapidated ghost town, where even the ropes fade in and out of existence like phantoms. Not even the town of Tombstone was terrifying!" - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest Nintendo Power Player's Guide, page 20
- ↑ Gregg Mayles' answer in Twitter, retrieved Jan 2,2019
- ↑ "About Krazy Kremland: What do the Kremlings do for fun when they aren't making the Kong Family's life miserable?. They go to Krazy Kremland, the island amusement park! This area features roller coasters that not only are in extreme states of disrepair, they are also haunted." - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest Instruction Booklet, Nintendo, 1995, p. 21
- ↑ "About K. Rool's Keep: The Kaptain's home is on the highest peak Crocodile Isle. You'll feel on top of the world if you ever manage to get through his Kremling army and reach castle!" - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest Player's Guide, Nintendo, 1995, p. 20
- ↑ About Jungle Hinx: It look like K. Rool hasn't heard about preserving the rain forests. Here he's dumping bunches of giant tires in Diddy and Diddy and Dixie's path! You can time you leap over the cascading tires with Diddy, but Dixie's helicopter spin is better for bypassing the bees and barrels." - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest Player's Guide, Nintendo, 1995, page 46
- ↑ Wrinkly's words: Have you been to see my husband Cranky? He complains a little, but he does know everything about this island. - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
- ↑ Cranky's words: Pick a subject! I know everything about this game! - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
- ↑ Cranky's words:I reckon I'd found all the Kremkoins and completed the so called 'Lost World'. Oh well, can't expect everything from our first game, can we? - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
- ↑ Dixie's words: Let's go over Crocodile Isle and rescue DK. - Donkey Kong Country 2 GBA
- ↑ Funky's words: Lookin' good, dudes! I'm Funky the main monkey, and my new Funky's Flights can take you anywhere on Crocodile Isle, provided you've already checked it out of course! - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
|Donkey Kong Country Series Worlds|
|Donkey Kong Country||Kongo Jungle • Monkey Mines • Vine Valley • Gorilla Glacier • Kremkroc Industries, Inc. • Chimp Caverns • Gangplank Galleon|
|Donkey Kong Country 2||Gangplank Galleon • Crocodile Cauldron • Krem Quay • Krazy Kremland • Gloomy Gulch • K. Rool's Keep • The Flying Krock • Lost World|
|Donkey Kong Country 3||Lake Orangatanga • Kremwood Forest • Cotton Top Cove • Mekanos • K3 • Razor Ridge • Pacifica (GBA) • KAOS Kore • Krematoa|
|Donkey Kong Country Returns||Jungle • Beach • Ruins • Cave • Forest • Cliff • Factory • Volcano • Cloud (3DS)|
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||Lost Mangroves • Autumn Heights • Bright Savannah • Sea Breeze Cove • Juicy Jungle • Donkey Kong Island • Secret Seclusion|