|Music Theme(s)||Quiet Quarry, Mine Cart Madness Returns|
|Notable Feature(s)||The first mine cart level in both games.|
|Enemies Encountered||Frogoons, Mole Guards, Tiki Buzzes, Flaming Tiki Buzzes|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)|
Crazy Cart is the sixth level in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, as well as the sixth level in the Jungle world of Donkey Kong Island. It is preceded by Canopy Cannons and followed by Mugly's Mound.
It is the first mine cart level in both games. When inside of the mine cart, getting hit by any enemy, or crashing into any obstacle in your path (including the ceiling) results in instant death for both of the Kongs. This level is also before the boss level of the Jungle world.
At the beginning of the level the Kongs must go left to find the first Puzzle Piece floating in a hidden alcove. Moving on, there is a pathway through the jungle leading to three Frogoons and a raised piece of land with a DK Barrel on it. Nearby are some plants that give items when blown or pounded on, as well as a large DK Platform. If this is pounded into the ground, many platforms begin to fall form the sky. The stone walls supporting the platforms build together like a puzzle, making the platforms completely solid. The primates can climb up these to reach a high ledges. At the top, on the left side, there is a hidden entrance to a Bonus Room. There, the Kongs must use two large and moving platforms to collect all forty-seven bananas, two Banana Coins, and an Extra Life Balloon within thirty seconds and make the second Puzzle Piece to appear. After the Ronus Room, the heroes must jump over the platforms to reach the entrance to a mine area on the right side. Inside the mines, the Kongs can find a room that is almost empty, with only a single lamp in it. However, if they pound on the wooden boards on the ground, they can access a lower area, where they roll down a hill and reach a barrel cannon. The cannon shoots them into a mine cart, which begins to move as soon as it is entered.
The carts leads the heroes to some bananas, and later, three Mole Guards in separate mine carts. The last Mole Guard has the letter "K" just above its head. The Kongs must bounce high on the Mole Guard to reach the letter. After passing a small gap, the primates come up to a Mole Guard that rides into another gap in which they must cross. A third abyss is just ahead, and another mole rides right into it. A Banana Coin is right above this gap, and some bananas and banana bunches are farther ahead around a Tiki Buzz. After another Tiki Buzz and a Banana Coin is a Guard Mole in a mine cart. The primates must carefully jump past over the Mole Guard to keep riding on the same track and able to collect the third Puzzle Piece at the edge. After collecting the item, the heroes must jump on the track above. This track has the letter "O" just above it and takes the primates down a small hill. Farther ahead are some flying bananas. After the Kongs ride under some brambles. Here, an early jump will be necessary to collect the fourth Puzzle Piece and go over the gap between the tracks. After this, the primates travel closer to the foreground. The camera is closer to the Kongs, making it harder to see what is ahead. A banana trail an banana bunch are ahead. Soon after the banana bunch, the Kongs must jump to collect the fifth and final Puzzle Piece. After more bananas, the camera will scroll away from the heroes just as they pass the Tutorial Pig with the checkpoint.
Some enemies are ahead of this point, including a Flaming Tiki Buzz and a Mole Guard. The Kongs soon come up to an area where a separate track is raised above the normal one. While the higher rails are harder to reach, they lead to an Extra Life Balloon. Flaming Tiki Buzzes and Tiki Buzzes are placed between the gaps in this area. Eventually, the primates ride down a long hill and come up to a track placed just above the one they are on. Right at the end of this track is the letter "N", demanding very good timing to collect it and jump to the track above. The new track leads outside of the mines, where the Kongs ride high above the jungle canopy. Flaming Tiki Buzzes stand in the heroes' way as they travel outside, as well as a few Mole Guards. Soon after this, the Kongs encounter some moving Flaming Tiki Buzzes and a few gaps, one of which that has three banana bunches above it. More gaps and some small sections of the track are farther ahead if this, along with some Tiki Buzzes. At the end of the rails, after a Tiki Buzz and three banana bunches above the screen, there is the letter "G". The Kongs must jump off of the track at the last moment to collect the letter and reach a pathway in the jungle to ride down. The pathway takes them down to a large hill with a ramp on the end of it. The ramp sends the Kongs on a new track if they jump high enough. If not, they land on the jungle floor where they can run into an obstacle if they do not jump back on the track above them fast enough. After a small gap, the Kongs reach a bumpy area of the track. They fall out of the mine cart when they hit these bumps, causing them to land near a Slot Machine Barrel. The level is completed when the barrel is touched.
- DK Barrels: 1
- Banana Coins: 7 (counts 2 in the Bonus Room, does not count three or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- Extra Life Balloons: 2 (counts 1 in the Bonus Room, does not count eight or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- K: When the Kongs approach three Mole Guards in mine carts just after starting the mine cart section, they must perform a high jump on the third enemy to reach the letter "K" that is high in the air.
- O: Right after the third Puzzle Piece, the heroes come towards a small hill. Before they begin to ride down it, they must jump up to get the letter "O".
- N: After the checkpoint and shortly before exiting the mines, the Kongs can find the letter "N" at the end of the track. They must collect it and then immediately jump onto the track above using very careful timing.
- G: After the letter "N" and many Flaming Tiki Buzzes and Tiki Buzzes, there will be a low Tiki Buzz and three banana bunches above the screen. The Kongs must keep riding until the end of the rails to collect the letter "G" before jumping over the pit.
- 1: At the beginning of the level, the Kongs must head backwards into a hidden alcove to find a Puzzle Piece.
- 2: After the Kongs finish pounding on a large DK Platform in the jungle, platforms appear. They must climb up these and head into the canopy to the left to find a hidden area with a doorway leading to a Bonus Room. There, they must collect forty-seven bananas, two Banana Coins, and an Extra Life Balloon while moving along a few moving platforms. When all of the items are collected within the time limit of thirty seconds, the second Puzzle Piece appears.
- 3: After the primates pass two Tiki Buzzes, they come up to a Mole Guard in a mine cart. They must jump over it, without landing on the track above them, to collect the third Puzzle Piece at the edge of the rails.
- 4: Immediately after the letter "O" and some brambles, the Kongs can find the fourth Puzzle Piece just before a small gap. They can jump a little earlier than usual to grab it and get over the gap safely.
- 5: When the camera becomes closer to the Kongs after the fourth Puzzle Piece, the final Puzzle Piece will appear soon after a banana bunch. The heroes must jump up quickly to get the item.
The puzzle of Crazy Cart is of a strawberry against a light green background. When all of the pieces are found, the Jungle Statues artwork will be added to the Worlds Gallery of the Image Gallery in the Extras menu.
Time Attack Medals
- Shiny Gold: 01:42.00
- Gold: 01:46.00
- Silver: 01:58.00
- Bronze: 02:21.00