|Music Theme(s)||King of Cling|
|Notable Feature(s)||This level possess many suspended platforms which will tilt by the Kongs' weight. There are also hanging platforms made by giant logs. Some these platforms will swing back and forward like pendulums. And most of platforms have clingable surfaces in the level.|
|Enemies Encountered||Tiki Zings, Toothberries, Spore Chomps, Cling Cobras, Blue Squeeklies|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)
Clingy Swingy is the thirtieth-fourth level in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, as well as the second level in the Forest world of Donkey Kong Island. It is preceded by Vine Valley and followed by Flutter Flyaway.
In the level, there are many suspended platforms which will tilt by the Kongs' weight after they step on. There are also large hanging platforms made by large tree logs. After the primates cling once on some these platforms, they will swing back and forward like pendulums constantly. It is the first level to feature Spore Chomps and Cling Cobras.
Starting off, go right and grab onto the first climbable platform above. The platform will tilt as you climb along, so continue across when the line of Tiki Zings are not in the way. Jump across the next three tilting platforms while going past some Toothberries and Spore Chomp, and you will then face a series of hanging platforms you can cling around. Climb around and jump your way across until you reach a giant log that starts swinging to the right when you grab on. Hang along the center of this patch and get some bananas and the letter "K", as the log swings low on the way across. At the other side, jump onto the following platform. Jump across to the right before you climb below another tilting platform among the Blue Squeeklies. At the right end, jump onto the upper ledge, then roll-jump (or bounce off a Blue Squeekly) onto the platform you just climbed below to the left. On top of it, ground-pound close by the yellow plant to get the first Puzzle Piece. From there, continue across the platforms to the right until you reach to a checkpoint.
To the right is another tilting platform you can climb across while avoiding a Spore Chomp. At the other end, stand on the solid platform below and bounce off one of the Blue Squeeklies flying towards you to reach the top of the tilting platform to the left. Go left past the line of Tiki Zings, and jump into the barrel cannon to reach a Bonus Room. In the room, use the moving and bouncy platform to collect all forty bananas and four Banana Coins within thirty seconds and make the second Puzzle Piece appears. After the Bonus Room, climb back to the right and go past the Blue Squeeklies and Spore Chomps to continue across the next tilting platform by clinging below or walking above. At the end, you will face another couple of hanging wooden platforms you can cling around. Cling and move around the first one to the right side, where you will spot a yellow plant. Pound nearby it while hanging to get the third Puzzle Piece. Continue across the next round platform which will swing upward. Jump up the platforms, and keep jumping and clinging to the right, avoiding more Tiki Zings and Toothberries, until you reach another hanging platform. The large platform swings from left to right as you cling on. Cling from the bottom of it to spy two solid platforms below the screen. Drop onto them to get some bananas, a Banana Coin and the letter "O", then jump back on the hanging platform and climb up to the right to reach the second checkpoint.
Now, jump across the next few platforms, going past the Blue Squeeklies along the way. You will see another large log platform with grassy turf hanging in the air ahead. Roll-jump towards the top, then quickly jump to the non-grassy top area before it starts swinging. As it swings across the middle of the gap ahead, jump to get the fourth Puzzle Piece in the air. Diddy Kong's rocket pack can help to reach that upper area and collect the Puzzle Piece. In the middle area below the swinging platform are a few smaller ledges. Drop down to them and get the letter "N", then wait for the large platform to swing back and forth. When it comes from the left side, jump and grab onto the right half of it as it swings upward. At the rightmost peak, jump onto the following ledge.
Up ahead, there will be four hanging round platforms you can climb around. Avoid the Cling Cobras and get across them to find a flat and tilting platform you can cling under. Do so and get the letter "G" below that tilting platform, and continue to the right. On the next round platform, cling around to the bottom half of it, avoiding the two Cling Cobras, to get the fifth and final Puzzle Piece. After that, go right and past the Toothberries, and hang on the final swinging platform as it swoops to the right. At the other end, jump right onto the platform and jump into the Slot Machine Barrel to complete the level.
- Hearts: 1
- DK Barrels: 4
- Banana Coins: 17 (counts 4 in the Bonus Room, does not count three or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- K: At the beginning of the level, after the first Cling Cobra, the Kongs grab onto the grassy turf on a triangular log platform that swings like a pendulum. As it swings, the primates are pulled into the letter "K" at the lowest point that it swings.
- O: The letter "O" can be found around the pair of solid platforms under a large swinging platform below the screen and just before the second checkpoint. It is on the platform to the left, which can be reached if the heroes simply drop down to it.
- N: Not too long after the second checkpoint, the primates reach a large grass-covered log structure that swings. The structure has a gap in the center of it, so they cannot cling all the way along it. This forces them to drop down to a platform at the bottom of the area and then jump back onto the other side of the structure as it swings back if they want to progress. If the Kongs make their way to platforms hidden below this. They can find the letter "N" below the large platform.
- G: After the fourth Puzzle Piece and the letter "N", the letter "G" is on a solid platform under a large tilting platform with three Toothberries and some grass on the bottom of it, near the end of the level. The Kongs can drop down from the grassy turf to land on the platform and get the letter.
- 1: Shortly after the letter "K", a large and suspended platform with grass on the bottom of it can be found. A yellow plant grows on it that reveals the first Puzzle Piece when ground-pounded nearby it. The platform is high in the air, so the heroes must bounce on some nearby Blue Squeeklies or roll-jump from a solid platform to the right of it to reach the plant.
- 2: A barrel cannon that shoots the heroes into a Bonus Room is high in the air after the first checkpoint. To reach it, the Kongs must stay between the two tilting platforms, they must bounce off a nearby Blue Squeekly to reach to the top of the platform. When they get above this platform, they must pass a group of five Tiki Zings while heading to the left to access the barrel cannon nearby. When the cannon shoots them into the Bonus Room, they have to use a moving and bouncy platform to collect all forty bananas and four Banana Coins. If everything is collected within thirty seconds, a Puzzle Piece appears.
- 3: After the first checkpoint, a large, grass-covered wooden structure that swings when grabbed onto is shortly. The primates must climb all the way around it to find a yellow plant that releases the third Puzzle Piece when pounded close by it.
- 4: After the second checkpoint, when the heroes get off of the large pendulum structure that swings them near the letter "N", they must wait for the large structure to swing back. As it swing towards them, they must try to roll-jump on top of it using good timing. If they manage to get on it, they are swung under the Puzzle Piece that is located just above it. The heroes must jump at the right moment to collect the Puzzle Piece. Diddy Kong's rocket pack can help to reach the area above the large structure and collect the Puzzle Piece.
- 5: After the letter "G", there is a round and grassy platform with two Cling Cobras. The fifth and final Puzzle Piece is floating below the platform.
The puzzle of Clingy Swingy is of a strawberry against a light green background. When all of the pieces are found, the Mole Miners artwork will be added to the Boss Gallery of the Image Gallery in the Extras menu.
Time Attack Medals
- Shiny Gold: 01:29.00
- Gold: 01:50.00
- Silver: 02:10.00
- Bronze: 02:46.00