|Music Theme(s)||Sticky Situation|
|Notable Feature(s)||The level is a vertical one, where the progress is made by using platforms and barrel cannons. Most of the platforms will crumble after the Kongs step on them for too long. When using barrel cannons, good timing is demanded to avoid obstacles and land safely on the next section.|
|Enemies Encountered||Skellirexes, Tiki Buzzes, Tiki Zings|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)
Clifftop Climb is the fiftieth level in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, as well as the eighth level in the Cliff world of Donkey Kong Island. It is preceded by Tippy Shippy and followed by Thugly's Highrise.
Most of the progress through the level is made by using barrel cannons and platforms to go upward. There are many platforms that will crumble if the Kongs step on them for too long. When shooting from barrel cannons, good timing is necessary to avoid obstacles and land safely on the next section. The enemies in the level are Skellirexes, Tiki Buzzes and Tiki Zings.
Starting off, go right and onto the circular DK platform above the tar. Pound on the platform three times to make skeleton platforms rise up. Jump to the top one to reach the first Puzzle Piece. Now, go past the DK Barrel and Skellirexes below and to the right, and you will find a barrel cannon. Ignore the barrel cannon and drop down to where the single banana bunch is lingering below and you will get shoot into a hidden Bonus Room. In the room, collect all eighty bananas and two Banana Coins within thirty seconds by shooting between the two outer barrel cannons and make the second Puzzle Piece to appear. After the Bonus Room, shoot from the next barrel cannon to reach a springy platform. Bounce your way upward and to the right across a series of platforms that crumble as you land and step on them for too long. After some enemies and at the next springy platform, quickly bounce to the right to collect the letter "K" while avoiding the barrel cannon above. After going into the barrel cannon, shoot onward to an area where you can go left or right. Go to the left by bouncing on the Tiki Buzz and continue upward to another springy platform. Bounce on another Tiki Buzz above to reach a high left ledge with a cactus on it. Ground-pound nearby the plant to get the third Puzzle Piece.
Next, roll-jump into the barrel cannon to the right and shoot your way upward to a checkpoint on a solid platform. There is a DK Barrel on a crumbling platform to the left, if you need it. Otherwise, go right and shoot through the next barrel cannon. Up above, there will be two swinging spiked blocks to jump across. Both blocks are solid platforms. Quickly, roll-jump towards the top of the first block, and roll-jump again to get the letter "O" in the air between the two blocks and land on the second one. Jump from the second block into a barrel cannon and shoot onward to more crumbling platforms. Jump up to the barrel cannon and move right after shooting from it to land on the following platform. Get to the next barrel cannon and you will find more swinging spiked blocks above. Shoot as the block above moves to the side, and you will be able to land on top of it safely. As the spiked block swings to the left, roll-jump to the left to reach the ledge and enter another hidden Bonus Room. There, use the bouncy and moving platform to collect all forty bananas and four Banana Coins within thirty seconds and reveal the fourth Puzzle Piece. After the Bonus Room, jump across the spiked blocks to the right and shoot through the next three barrel cannons to land on a springy platform. Quickly, bounce upward, then jump to the left below a large and swinging block, and get the letter "N" by jumping low while avoiding a Skellirex.
Continue going left and bounce upward to get on top of the swinging block, then go right and shoot through the next barrel cannons to reach the second checkpoint over a solid platform. Use the barrel cannons to reach the next section, then jump across some more crumbling platforms and bounce into a barrel cannon moving back and forth. Use good timing to shoot upward through the opening, collect an Extra Life Balloon and land on the left ledge with a DK Barrel. Go right, defeating the Skellirex and jump into the next barrel cannon. For the next section, you will need to shoot upward via the barrel cannons through the openings above so you can land on the following ledge or line up with the next barrel before shooting. If you shoot against a platform will fall into abyss below and after shooting once, the barrel cannons will explode. Keep on making your way through the section over more crumbling platforms, and you will be in a barrel with the letter "G" floating overhead. Line up and shoot to get the letter, and move left to land on the crumbling platform above. Continue going upward and shooting through barrel cannons until you find a single barrel cannon above an opening in the middle with a cactus on the left ledge. Using good timing, shoot upward and move left to land on that ledge, then ground-pound nearby the cactus to get the fifth and final Puzzle Piece. Finally, jump into the last barrel cannon and you will see two columns of Tiki Zings above moving back and forth. Wait until the bottom pair moves away before shooting, and you will pass by them all to reach the Slot Machine Barrel and finish the level.
- Hearts: 3
- DK Barrels: 3
- Banana Coins: 14 (counts 2 in the first Bonus Room and 4 in the second Bonus Room, does not count three or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- Extra Life Balloons: 1 (does not count eight or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- K: After the first Bonus Room and going through some enemies and crumbling platforms, you will reach the second springy platform. Quickly bounce off the springy platform upward and right to collect the letter "K" on the right while avoiding a barrel cannon above.
- O: After the first checkpoint and shooting through a barrel cannon, you will reach a section with the letter "O" floating between two swinging spiked blocks. Both blocks are solid platforms. Quickly, roll-jump to reach the top of the first block, and then roll-jump again to reach the letter and the top of the second block.
- N: After the second Bonus Room and being shoot upward through three barrel cannons, you will reach a section with a large and swinging block above. Quickly, jump low to get the letter "N" floating under the block and avoid the spikes and the Skellirex below.
- G: After the second checkpoint, keep going upward through the level until you reach a barrel cannon moving back and forward, and below the letter "G". Using good timing, shoot upward and move left to collect the letter and land on the crumbling platform above.
- 1: At the beginning of the level, pound on the DK Platform over the tar thrice and three skeleton platforms will emerge. Use the platforms to reach a Puzzle Piece on the highest one.
- 2: At the begining of the level and after going past a DK Barrel and two Skellirexes, you will see a barrel cannon at the left. Ignore the barrel cannon and drop off in the abyss where you see a banana bunch to be shoot into a Bonus Room. There, use the two barrel cannons to collect all eighty bananas and two Banana Coins within thirty seconds and reveal a Puzzle Piece.
- 3: After the letter "K" and going into the next barrel cannon, you will reach a section with right and left routes. Go left and upward by bouncing on the Tiki Buzz nearby and jumping between crumbling platforms until you reach another springy platform. Bounce off the platform upward and to the left, and bounce on the next Tiki Buzz to reach a left ledge with a cactus. Ground-pound nearby the plant to reveal a Puzzle Piece.
- 4: After the letter "O" and shooting through a barrel cannon, you will reach another section with swinging spiked blocks. Use good timing to shoot the barrel cannon below the first spiked block and land on the top of the block. The block is a solid platform. When the block swings to the left, roll-jump to the left and reach a ledge with a Bonus Room's entrance. In the room, use the bouncy and moving platform to collect all forty bananas and four Banana Coins within thirty seconds and reveal a Puzzle Piece.
- 5: After the letter "G", keep moving upward in the level until you reach a barrel cannon moving back and forward, and below a opening between two ledges and a cactus on the left side. Using very good timing, avoid shooting to the next barrel cannon, and shoot upward and left for the ledge with the cactus. Ground-pound nearby the plant to reveal a Puzzle Piece.
The puzzle of Clifftop Climb is of a strawberry against a light green background. When all of the pieces are found, the Bonehead Jed artwork will be added to the Critters 2 Gallery of the Image Gallery in the Extras menu.
Time Attack Medals
- Shiny Gold: 01:11.00
- Gold: 01:19.00
- Silver: 01:33.00 (01:35.00 in the Japanese version)
- Bronze: 01:50.00