| "You wouldn't know a good article if you were reading it!"
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
Cliff is the sixth world of Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D with nine levels. It has a prehistoric appearance, with dinosaur skeletons, ancient caveman technology and huge eggs. The boss here is Thugly: a dinosaur-like potential relative to Mugly with a fiery temper and even hotter breath. The boss Tiki here is Xylobone.
It's a really ancient giant mountain-cliff with a lot of fossils and skeletons, most of them undead and ferocious or partially alive. The rocky terrain is really frail due to its preihistoric really old age, and in some parts it can break really easily.
- Sticky Situation
- Prehistoric Path
- Weighty Way
- Boulder Roller
- Precarious Plateau
- Crumble Canyon
- Tippy Shippy
- Clifftop Climb
- Perilous Passage
- Thugly's Highrise
- It's unknown why the skeletons of many ancient fossilized creatures are undead, but it can be a spell done on them by the Tiki Tak Tribe. However this is only a theory and not sure, because it is not said in-game.
- In the level Boulder Roller you can see a Squiddicus fossil with some preihistoric fossilized fishs near. This comproves this Cliff was originally on the sea. (probably the sea was in the parts that now are empty and that have become canyons). To comprove this there is the also the Italian name of the world, "Scogliera", which in that language literally means "sea cliff".
- Curiously, also in the game New Super Mario Bros Wii the sixth world is a based on a mountain-cliff.
- Despite of the strong presence of undead fossils and dinosaurs, the boss is not an undead preihistoric animal.
- It's unknown what caused in past the extinction of the dinosaurs and preihistoric animals which lived here.
|Donkey Kong Country Series Worlds|
|Donkey Kong Country||Kongo Jungle • Monkey Mines • Vine Valley • Gorilla Glacier • Kremkroc Industries, Inc. • Chimp Caverns • Gangplank Galleon|
|Donkey Kong Country 2||Gangplank Galleon • Crocodile Cauldron • Krem Quay • Krazy Kremland • Gloomy Gulch • K. Rool's Keep • The Flying Krock • Lost World|
|Donkey Kong Country 3||Lake Orangatanga • Kremwood Forest • Cotton Top Cove • Mekanos • K3 • Razor Ridge • Pacifica (GBA) • KAOS Kore • Krematoa|
|Donkey Kong Country Returns||Jungle • Beach • Ruins • Cave • Forest • Cliff • Factory • Volcano • Cloud (3DS)|
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||Lost Mangroves • Autumn Heights • Bright Savannah • Sea Breeze Cove • Juicy Jungle • Donkey Kong Island • Secret Seclusion|