Bramble's artwork from the game Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! for SNES.
|Residence(s)||Northern Kremisphere, |
|Affiliation(s)||Brothers Bear, |
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (for SNES) (1996)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3 (for GBA) (2005)|
Bramble (ベラミー, Bellamy in Japan) is a botanist member of the Brothers Bear appearing in the game Donkey Kong Country 3. Bramble has a strong interest in plants and flowers, and keeps them at his Bungalow near the world Cotton-Top Cove on the Northern Kremisphere.
Bramble is upset about the consequences of the industrialization at the nearby world Mekanos. He claims the pollution hinders the rare flower Flupperius Petallus Pongus from blooming, which he wants to examine. Because of the same pollution problem, Bramble also started to grow an interest in animals, and thus, he sooner or later came across a Banana Bird and took it to his Bungalow.
In the Super Nintendo Entertainment System version of Donkey Kong Country 3, after the primates have successfully cleared the world Razor Ridge, the Flupperius Petallus Pongus finally fully bloomed. The heroes can find it to the east of Bramble's Bungalow, at a dead-end path. Once Dixie and Kiddy Kong bring Bramble the flower, he offers to trade the Banana Bird for the Flupperius Petallus Pongus.
However, in the Game Boy Advance version of the same game, Bramble's role was slightly tweaked. Bachelor, a new member of the Brothers Bear, found in the world Lake Orangatanga, is in possession of a Flupperius Petallus Pongus, who will give it to the Kongs for free if they visit him at his Bachelor Pad. When the heroes present it to Bramble, he will trade it for a Rose. In the same version, the bear will give up a Banana Bird, after the primates have cleared the world Mekanos.
Additionally, in the GBA version, Bramble's Bungalow underwent a drastic redesign, giving it an even more natural look and adding several other plants in the background.
Before completing the Mekanos
- "Hah, hello there, Dixie/Kiddy/Kongs! Allow me to introduce myself - I am Bramble, the famed botanist." (first meeting)
- "Yes, I moved up here to get away from the smell of the machines, but it's been too dry to grow anything."
- "Since I have been unable to grow or study plants, I have taken an interest in collecting animals."
- "The most beautiful flowers used to grow around here, but they died back when those awful machines came!"
- "I love plants, don't you? They're so beautiful. This picture reminds me of those I can't grow anymore."
After completing the Mekanos
- "I'm glad those horrible machines are destroyed. Perhaps my beautiful flowers can start to grow again now."
When presenting Flupperius Petallus Pongus
- "You've got one! A perfect Flupperius Petallus Pongus."
- "Would you let me have it? I'd be ever so grateful."
- "You are too generous, Dixie/Kiddy/Kongs. Here, have this Bananus Goldus Flutterus. Err uh.. I meant Banana Bird!"
- "I've finished studying its abilities - some of them are quite magical, I'll have you know!"
After having given him the flower
- "Hello there, Dixie/Kiddy/Kongs, come to see my flower display?"
- "Thanks again, Dixie/Kiddy/Kongs. You've made my life happy again."
- "Thanks again, Dixie/Kiddy/Kongs. You've made me a very happy bear."
- Bramble is known as "Bellamy" (ベラミー, Beramī) in Japan. Despite still being called Bramble in the European versions of the game Donkey Kong Country 3 for SNES, some European manuals for the game list Bellamy as his name.
- It can be speculated that Bellamy was an earlier name for the character. In fact, Bramble's botanist role in Donkey Kong Country 3 is probably based on David Bellamy, a famous English botanist.
|Bazaar • Barnacle • Brash • Blunder • Bramble • Blue • Bazooka • Blizzard • Barter • Benny - Björn • Baffle • Boomer • Bear • Bachelor|