|Diddy Kong Racing Track|
|Balloon # Required||20, 30 (Silver Coin Challenge)|
|<< List of Tracks>>|
Boulder Canyon is the fifteenth track in Diddy Kong Racing and its remake, Diddy Kong Racing DS. It is the third track of the fourth world, Dragon Forest. The default, and only, vehicle for this track is the hovercraft. This level holds the key to the Dragon Forest battle stage, Smokey Castle. The player needs a total of 20 Golden Balloons to enter this course.
Players start the course in a calm section of water between the canyon walls, the course goes straight ahead for some time before reaching a log crest descending to rapids. The path is scattered with various balloons and the occasional log hazard. After the rapids the player will come out into a small pool before turning sharply to the right up onto land into a short tunnel. This tunnel will lead players to a castle, racers go up an incline before turning right again, and then right again into a green waterfall/river. This will lead racers to a fork in the path, it makes little difference ultimately where the player comes out. After exiting the castle players are back in the water again and turning right again. The water drops away suddenly in a waterfall, causing racers to drop before turning left and coming up to the starting line again.
Coin Challenge Locations
Like other levels, Boulder Canyon is filled with eight coins, scattered all around the area. The coins only appear after player has beaten Smokey the Dragon for the first time. To compete in the Coin Challenge, the player needs a total of 30 Golden Balloons to reenter the course.
- To the far right of the track, behind a log, under a mossy stone arch over the track
- Just beyond the first coin, at the top of the rapids
- In the pool at the bottom of the rapids, on the far side of the log
- Just inside the castle, in the centre of the track, just before the turn
- Before the zipper behind the waterfall in the castle
- At the beginning of the left corridor in the fork in the castle
- At the end of the left corridor in the fork in the castle
- On the sand beside a zipper just after exiting the castle
- There is a bell hanging from a chain in the castle in the middle of this level. If players run through this bell one time this will cause the drawbridge that racers drive over to be pulled up temporarily.
- If players maneuver themselves correctly when doing this they will be able to retrieve the key for Smokey Castle by driving up the drawbridge as it ascends. Players will be deposited in a viewing platform above the road which is where the key is held.
|Diddy Kong Racing (DS) Tracks|
|Ancient Lake • Fossil Canyon • Jungle Falls • Hot Top Volcano • Fire Mountain (T.T. Trial) • Tricky's Course|
|Everfrost Peak • Walrus Cove • Snowball Valley • Frosty Village • Icicle Pyramid (T.T. Trial) • Bluey's Course|
|Whale Bay • Crescent Island • Pirate Lagoon • Treasure Caves • Darkwater Beach (T.T. Trial) • Bubbler's Course|
|Windmill Plains • Greenwood Village • Boulder Canyon • Haunted Woods • Smokey Castle (T.T. Trial) • Smokey's Course|
|Future Fun Land|
|Spacedust Alley • Darkmoon Caverns • Spaceport Alpha • Star City|
|DS Exclusive Unlockable Tracks|
|Thunder Cove • Meandering Mount • Splashdown Pass • Strangled Shrine|