|Music Theme(s)||Regal Railway, Rickety Rails|
|Notable Feature(s)||In this level, there are many crystal structures that the Kongs have to duck to avoid them. And a Mole Guard on foreground tracks throws bombs destroying sections of Kongs' mine cart tracks and creating obstacles.|
|Enemies Encountered||Mole Guards|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)|
Bombs Away is the twentieth-eighth level in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, as well as the third level in the Cave world of Donkey Kong Island. It is preceded by Grip 'n' Trip and followed by Mole Patrol.
This level features loose crystal structures hanging low above the mine cart tracks. To avoid theses obstacles, the Kongs must to make low jumps or duck. In some sections, there is also a Mole Guard in the foreground throwing bombs at the Kongs and damaging their tracks and creating obstacles. The level possesses only Mole Guards as enemies.
First head left into the tunnel to able collect nine banana bunches. Go back right up the wooden platform and jump into the mine cart. Follow the banana trails until you reach the gap. Once again follow the banana trail over it right into the letter "K". A Mole Guard riding a mine cart in the foreground will appear and soon notice the primates. Follow the path under the crystal and you will soon come to a flashing light with a down arrow sign. This is a prompt to duck. Hold the down button to avoid getting hit by the crystal. Right after this, jump over the pit onto the new track. Use the Mole Guard to bounce off to the track above. Jump over to the next track section to collect the first Puzzle Piece. Carefully jump low across to the next platforms without hitting the crystal ceiling. Follow the track down and jump at the last moment onto the new piece of track. The crystal ceiling will soon start to move down. Jump over the partitions in the middle of the track only using low jumps. When the third ceiling drops, you must duck down. At the end of the track section, using very good timing, be sure to jump to get the letter "O", avoid the crystal and land on the next track.
Low jump or jump early across the next track to land on the lower one. Ride it to get the second Puzzle Piece and quickly jump back to the top track. At the next section, the Mole Guard riding a mine cart in the foreground will reappear and start throwing bombs to break the track you are riding on. Jump over any holes he makes. He will soon throw a number of bombs breaking crystals onto the track. The third crystal to break the track will show a single banana below a gap. Drop down towards the banana to get on a hidden track. Follow it to reach the third Puzzle Piece at the end and then jump back onto the higher track. Immediately after this, duck to avoid getting hit by thin crystal structures. Continue to jump onto another track section once again avoiding the crystals. Jump over to another new track to finally hit the checkpoint.
Continue along the track low jumping over a Mole Guard and gaps when necessary. Be sure to duck when needed as well. You will eventually see a trail of bananas. Stay up to collect them and get the fourth Puzzle Piece at the end. Immediately duck back down as a crystal piece will fall down. Jump onto the new track right after this. Jump on the Mole Guards and on the third or fourth one in line jump and high bounce off to reach the letter "N". Jump across to the next track.
You will soon see the Mole Guard in the foreground again who will start throwing bombs. Jump over the first two gaps. The next three gaps the enemy creates will require you to low jump across. Watch as the Mole Guard's mine cart crashes into a fallen one. The enemy will land on another mine cart. Continue along the track and you will see the same Mole Guard with a huge bomb. The enemy will end up crashing into a partition and dropping the huge bomb. Continue along the track until it curves upward. You will get inside and break loose a loop track section. Jump when the letter "G" enters the loop to collect it. After some jumps around the loop, you will be back on a broken track that lands you under the Slot Machine Barrel. Before you use it, run past it to the right into the tunnel to reach a Bonus Room. In the room, use the platforms to collect all seventy-eight bananas and two Banana Coins within thirty seconds and reveal the fifth and final Puzzle Piece. After the Bonus Room, finally touch the Slot Machine Barrel to complete the level.
- Mole Guard: 12 (mine cart type)
- Banana Coins: 4 (counts 2 in the Bonus Room, does not count three or more consecutive jumps on enemies)
- K: After jumping into the mine cart, the letter "K" is over a gap in the track between some bananas.
- O: After the first Puzzle Piece and three crystal structures get loose and drop down, the letter "O" is just after a low crystal ceiling where the Kongs need to duck. The player must use very careful timing when jumping to collect the letter, not accidentally hit the crystal and lose an extra life.
- N: After the fourth Puzzle Piece, jump and high bounce off the third or fourth Mole Guard in line to reach the letter "N".
- G: After the Mole Guard in the foreground drops a huge bomb, just jump the gap inside the loose track loop to get the letter "G".
- 1: After the letter "K" and the first section where the Kongs must duck to avoid a crystal obstacle, jump and bounce off the first Mole Guard to get to the upper track and jump again to reach the Puzzle Piece.
- 2: Just after the letter "O", make a short and slightly early jump to land on the lower track and collect the Puzzle Piece.
- 3: After the second Puzzle Piece and a Mole Guard throws bombs at you and some crystals fall down through the tracks, look below the tracks for a banana. Just fall off the gap created by the third crystal and you will land on a hidden lower track. Ride it and jump the gaps to get the Puzzle Piece at the end.
- 4: After the checkpoint and the section where some thin crystal structures get loose, do not duck while following the trail of bananas until reach the Puzzle Piece.
- 5: In the end of level, enter the tunnel just past the Slot Machine Barrel to enter a Bonus Room. There, use the platforms to collect all seventy-eight bananas and two Banana Coins within thirty seconds and the Puzzle Piece will appear.
The puzzle of Bombs Away is of a strawberry against a light green background. When all of the pieces are found, the Mole Guards artwork will be added to the Critters 2 Gallery of the Image Gallery in the Extras menu.
Time Attack Medals
- Shiny Gold: 01:44.00
- Gold: 01:45.00
- Silver: 01:49.00
- Bronze: 01:52.00