|Number of Stages||9|
|Boss(es)||Scurvy Crew (possessed by Maraca Gang)|
|Greater Location||Donkey Kong Island|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)|
The Beach is the second world of Donkey Kong Island in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D with nine levels. The boss of this world is the Scurvy Crew, and the Tiki Tak Tribe leader of this world is the Maraca Gang.
As the name suggests, it is a tropical beach-themed world. Considering the proximity to the sea, the levels in this world can be considered water levels, despite the Kongs being incapable to swim and the water being hazardous to fall down, making the primates lose a life instantly.
In Poppin' Planks, Donkey and Diddy Kong encounter wooden pegs and treasure chests to pound nearby and reveal items. There are also wooden planks moved by sea waves and multiple weight platforms. In Sloppy Sands, the Kongs are attacked by Squidly and Electrasquid turrets. Later, they have to climb to the top of a tower buried in the sand. In Peaceful Pier, it is introduced the Rocket Barrel, a vehicle the heroes ride on to traverse the level while avoiding obstacles and enemies and collecting items. In Cannon Cluster, pirate ships shoot cannonballs at the foreground constantly, harming the primates and enemies as well. The level Stormy Shore is the lair of Squiddicus, an giant octopus that pursues the Kongs and uses tentacles to destroy floating platforms and harm the heroes. In Blowhole Bound, the primates must ride a whale and use its blowhole to collect items and avoid enemies. And in Tidal Terror, giant tidal waves wash the entire level, knocking down the Kongs, enemies and even unprotected items instantly.
The boss level, Pinchin' Pirates, is home to Scurvy Crew, a group of three pirate-like crabs led by the notorious Captain Greenbeard. The crew is resting and eating DK's and Diddy's Banana Hoard. Soon as the Maraca Gang possess them, a battle ensues after.
- 2-1 Poppin' Planks
- 2-2 Sloppy Sands
- 2-3 Peaceful Pier
- 2-4 Cannon Cluster
- 2-5 Stormy Shore
- 2-6 Blowhole Bound (level unlocked by buying the Map Key from Cranky Kong's Shop in this world for twenty Banana Coins (or ten coins in the 3DS version New Mode))
- 2-7 Tidal Terror
- 2-B Pinchin' Pirates
- 2-K Tumblin' Temple (secret Key Temple level unlocked by collecting all K-O-N-G Letters in this world)
- Even if this world is based on a beach and a sea, there are not aquatic levels and Donkey and Diddy Kong will lose a life if they fall in the water (this happens also for the rest of both games). It is strange, because in the previous Donkey Kong Country titles, the Kongs could swim and aquatic levels were present.
- Developers have considered to add underwater levels, but they were excluded due to the slow pace compared to the rest of the levels.
- It is the only world in both games which have a group as boss and not a single enemy, because all of the three pirate crabs of Scurvy Crew are considered the boss (also the boss of Cave world is helped by a group of Mole Miners but in that case the boss is only Mole Miner Max).
|Donkey Kong Country Series Worlds|
|Donkey Kong Country||Kongo Jungle • Monkey Mines • Vine Valley • Gorilla Glacier • Kremkroc Industries Inc. • Chimp Caverns • Gang-Plank Galleon|
|Donkey Kong Country 2||Gangplank Galleon • Crocodile Cauldron • Krem Quay • Krazy Kremland • Gloomy Gulch • K. Rool's Keep • The Flying Krock • Lost World|
|Donkey Kong Country 3||Lake Orangatanga • Kremwood Forest • Cotton-Top Cove • Mekanos • Pacifica (GBA only) • K3 • Razor Ridge • KAOS Kore • Krematoa|
|Donkey Kong Country Returns (3D)||Jungle • Beach • Ruins • Cave • Forest • Cliff • Factory • Volcano • Cloud (3DS only)|
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||Lost Mangroves • Autumn Heights • Bright Savannah • Sea Breeze Cove • Juicy Jungle • Donkey Kong Island • Secret Seclusion|