Banjo Bottom's artwork from the game Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii.
|Homeland||Donkey Kong Island|
|Residence(s)||The Mole Train|
|Affiliation(s)||Tiki Tak Tribe|
|Occupation(s)||Tiki Tak Tribe Leader|
|Powers/Abilities||Hypnotizing and possessing creatures|
|Enemies||Kong Family, |
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns, |
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)|
Banjo Bottom is a leading member of the Tiki Tak Tribe, who appears in the Cave world of the Donkey Kong Island in the games Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. It hypnotizes and possesses Mole Miner Max, the fourth boss in both games.
Banjo Bottom appears in the boss level The Mole Train of the Cave. When Donkey and Diddy Kong arrive, they see many Mole Miners filling mine carts with bananas. The tiki spots the Kongs. The heroes then spot Banjo Bottom, who signals for the Mole Miners to jump into the mine carts. After the boss Mole Miner Max is hypnotized and possessed by Banjo Bottom, the steam train starts up. A single Mole Miner will throw pickaxes at the Kongs. The isolated mine cart that the primates are riding on gradually will get closer to the other ones. After the mine cart connects with the other ones, Mole Miners will pop out of the mine carts, and then the heroes have to jump on and defeat them in order to continue. All mine carts will randomly miscarriage, except for one. This process will repeat for other two phases, getting harder every time. Following this, the fight with Mole Miner Max goes underway. He will dive into the mine carts attached to the train, pop out and throw pickaxes at the Kongs. The boss will be more vicious and random than regular Mole Miners. After the heroes jumping on his head and hitting him four times, Mole Miner Max will be defeated for good. The train will be damaged and suddenly stop before the edge of the tracks. A dazed Banjo Bottom will come out of the boss. The player can choose to jump towards the tiki, punch it multiple times, throwing it away, or wait a few seconds for Banjo Bottom to leave.
Later, Banjo Bottom briefly appears in the final boss battle, along the other Tiki Tak Tribe leaders, and they are turned in hands for Tiki Tong to fight against the Kongs. When Tiki Tong is defeated, Banjo Bottom and the Tiki Tak Tribe leaders are presumably destroyed too.
Banjo Bottom has one big eye and one small eye, with red eyelids. Between its strings are four arrows pointing downwards. It also has the same arrows point all around it into the head of its banjo shape. It also has a blue tailpiece. Something that is noticeable as well is the tiki's yellow leaves for hair, and its blue eyebrows. It has three digits for hands, and also appears to have a red/brown back.
Names in Other Languages
- Banjo is an African-American string instrument, first appearing in North America.
- Banjo Bottom is the only leader who acts surprised to see the Kongs, with Wacky Pipes being an exception, as it probably did not expect to see the Kongs.
- Banjo Bottom is the least-appearing tiki in both games, as it does not appear on the games' boxart or in the opening cutscene. It also is not seen throwing bananas into Tiki Tong's head before the final boss battle even though it is there. Cordian is a close second as the least-appearing Tiki leader.
- Banjo Bottom is the largest hypnotic tiki, beating Cordian by just a few inches, when it is in full extent.
- Banjo Bottom, along with Wacky Pipes, Cordian and the Maraca Gang are the only tikis that have leaves as a decoration on their heads.
- Banjo Bottom is the least damaged tiki in both games, having little to no scratches at all.