A Banana Fairy as seen in the game Donkey Kong 64 for Nintendo 64.
|Leader||Banana Fairy Queen|
|Homeland||Banana Fairy Island|
|Origin of Species||Fairy
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong 64, |
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong 64 (1999)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (2007-2008)|
Donkey Kong 64
The fairies were scared by the Kremlings and ran away. Once Tiny Kong meets their queen, the Kongs receive a special camera that allows them to take pictures of the fairies and let them go back home. When the primates catch a fairy, their inventory for certain items such as Crystal Coconuts, increase. When all of them are collected, the player will receive a special Golden Banana with a Rareware symbol on it. It needed to complete the game and watch the special ending.
When certain number of Banana Fairies is collected in the game, the player will unlock features in the Mystery menu.
- Two Banana Fairies: unlock the DK Theatre, where the player can watch all game cutscenes, except for the special ending.
- Six Banana Fairies: unlock DK Bonus, score minigames with Rambi the Rhinoceros and Enguarde the Swordfish, and the games Donkey Kong for Arcade and Jetpac.
- Ten Banana Fairies: unlock Bosses, where the player can replay battles with main bosses.
- Fifteen Banana Fairies: unlock Battle, where the player can make Krusha playable in the multiplayer mode.
- Twenty Banana Fairies: unlock Cheats, where the player can activate infinite Banana Coins, infinite ammo for weapons, infinite Orange Grenades, infinite film for the camera, infinite Crystal Coconuts, infinite use of instruments or all cheats at the same time.
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
In the racing game Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, Banana Fairies are items randomly found inside red "?" balloons during races. When they are used by the player, these fairies will temporarily pull in all bananas on the tracks nearby the playable racer. If the playable character is a Kong, the effect of the Banana Fairy will last longer.
|Items (excluding mostly Barrels)|
|General||Animal Crate • Animal Token • (Giant) Banana (Bunch) • Crystal Coconut • Crystal Star • End of Stage Target • Extra Life Balloon • Headphones • Kannon • K-O-N-G Letters • Melon Crate • No Animal Sign • Rope • Stage Flag • Tire • Watermelon|
|Coins||Banana Coin • Bear Coin • Bonus Coin • DK Coin • Kremkoin • Kong Token • Nintendo Coin • Rareware Coin|
|Vehicles||Gyrocopter • Hot Air Balloon • Hover Craft • Mine Cart • Motor Boat • Rocket Barrel • Skull Cart • Toboggan • Turbo Ski|
|Coconut Shooter • Crate • Feather Bow • Grape Shooter • Kannonball • Orange Grenade • Peanut Popgun • Pineapple Launcher • Treasure Chest • Watermelon Bomb|
|Shop||Banana Juice • DK Barrel (DD, DX, CK & FK Barrels) • Extra Life Balloon • Heart Boost • Map Key • Squawks the Parrot|
|Others||Banana Fairy • Banana Medal • Boss Key • Cog • Crest • Golden Banana • Golden Feather • Puzzle Piece • Rare Orb|
|Miscellaneous||Brothers Bear Items (Bowling Ball • Mirror)|