|Banana Bird Cave|
|Greater location(s)||Northern Kremisphere|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country 3|
Prior to Donkey Kong Country 3, KAOS captured and sealed the Banana Birds away so he would not be opposed by them and their queen, the Banana Bird Queen. It is up to Dixie and Kiddy Kong to free them all from these caves so they can save the Banana Bird Queen and defeat KAOS once and for all.
In order to free the Banana Birds, the Kongs must play a "Simon Says" type of mini-game. There are four type of crystals in the cave, blue, red, yellow, and green. The game will make a crystal light up and make a noise, and then others will after, depending on difficultly. It is up to the Kongs to mimic the patterns of the crystals. Upon doing so, the Banana Bird will be freed.
Banana Bird Caves do not return in Donkey Kong Land III, due to the lack of Banana Birds altogether.
Names and locations
- Bounty Beach - Northern Kremisphere overworld; east of Funky's Rentals, across the water.
- Smuggler's Cove - Lake Orangatanga; along the northern beach.
- Arich's Hoard - Kremwood Forest; across the river, after Bobbing Barrel Brawl.
- Kong Cave – Northern Kremisphere overworld; near Bazaar's general store.
- Bounty Bay – Cotton-Top Cove; slightly northeast of Bazza's Blockade.
- Sky-High Secret – Mekanos; near Swanky's Sideshow.
- Undercover Cove – Northern Kremisphere overworld; north of the waterfall near Kong Cave.
- Glacial Grotto – K3; west of Blizzard's Basecamp.
- Clifftop Cache – Razor Ridge; far northwest, beyond the cliff, via Björn's chairlifts.
- Sewer Stockpile – KAOS Kore; behind the sewer grate.
- Belcha's Burrow – Northern Kremisphere overworld; southwest of Bazaar's general store, across the water.
- K's Kache – Northern Kremisphere overworld; on the island in the northwestern lake.
- Hill-Top Hoard – Northern Kremisphere overworld; far northeast cliff. Near Razor Ridge and KAOS Kore.
- Whirlpool Wreck – Pacifica; above Barbos's Barrier (GBA version only).