Baffle's artwork from the game Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! for SNES.
|Residence(s)||KAOS Kore, |
Baffle's Code Room
|Affiliation(s)||Brothers Bear, |
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (for SNES) (1996)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3 (for GBA) (2005)|
When the Kongs visit his Code Room, Baffle says he has found a mystery he cannot decipher. The bear needs Dixie and Kiddy Kong to help him decipher the mystery by giving him the Mirror. The item can be purchased from the Bazaar's General Store for fifty Bear Coins. When the two primates successfully help, Baffle will say "to open the gate, at the two stones that make eight". This optional sidequest explains how to open the gate blocking the entrance of the Banana Bird Cave Cave Sewer Stockpile located in the same world map. By entering the lake above the waterfall of the world KAOS Kore, the Kongs must swim around the two rocks making an eight figure for a few times in order to open the gate.
- "Hey! Hi there there, Dixie/Kiddy/Kongs, how are you doing? My name is Baffle, the master of code!"
- "I've got a problem at the moment - I can't break a code I've been working on... maybe I should reflect on it."
- "I'm sure the answer to my problem is starring me right in the face - but I just can't see it!"
- "I still can't break this code. I'll have to keep looking into it."
- "Hello again. What a problem it is, churning out the same thing again and again, do you know what I mean?"
- "Mmmmmmm. This code is really bugging me. Perhaps I'm looking at this thing the wrong way around."
About the mirror
- "Hey, Dixie/Kiddy/Kongs, is that mirror you've got there?"
- "That's a shame. It might have been the answer to my problems" (denied)
- "Hey, Look at this! It was a riddle written backwards. It says, ' To open the gate, at the two stones that make eight'." (accepted)
- "Say, Kongs, do you want your mirror back?"
- "Okay, but I got a feeling you'll be back." (denied)
- "I think a price of 10 tokens is fair, don't you?" (accepted)
- "Haven't you got a moral code to think of?" (denied)
- "Okay, Kongs, here you go." (accepted)
- "Olleh sgnok! Woh era uoy yadot?" (Hello Kongs! How are you today?)
- "Ev'uoy tsuj detsaw neetfif sdnoces!" (You've just wasted 15 seconds!)
- "Hw's t gng gd bdds?" (How's it going good buddies?)
- "nevah uoy tog gnihtyna retteb ot od?" (Haven't you got anything better to do?)
- At later visits of the Code Room, after giving the Mirror to Baffle, he talks in a mirrored sort of way.
- In the Super Nintendo Entertainment System version of the game Donkey Kong Country 3, Baffle has brown hair and tied into a ponytail, making him the only member of Brothers Bear who has long hair.
|Bazaar • Barnacle • Brash • Blunder • Bramble • Blue • Bazooka • Blizzard • Barter • Benny - Björn • Baffle • Boomer • Bear • Bachelor|