- Rattly the Rattlesnake
- Squitter the Spider
- Clapper the Seal
- Glimmer the Anglerfish
- Quawks the Parrot
- Expresso II (in the Game Boy Advance version only)
Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
- Tawks the Parrot (Nintendo Switch version only)
Beta Animal Buddies
Cancelled Animal Buddies
- Hooter the Owl
- Miney the Mole
Possible Animal Buddies
Though these animals have never been confirmed as Animal Buddies they have nonetheless been helpful in their appearances.
- Krochead (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Donkey Kong Land 2)
- Ghost Rope (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest)
- Nid (Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!, Donkey Kong Land III)
- Nibbla (Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!)
- Squid (Donkey Kong Jungle Beat)
- On August 10, 2018, Gregg Mayles tweeted an early naming sheet of when Donkey Kong Country was originally going to be called Monkey Mayhem on it shows that Expresso could've been an emu instead an ostrich and two other animal buddies that are marked out, they were: Hooter the Owl and Miney the Mole.
- Not mentioned why the two animal buddies got dumped, but for Hooter it possibly to avoid copyright from the restaurant establishment called Hooters for their logo is an owl. Right beside the dumped animal buddy name reads this: "(Hope we can use this one!)".
|DKC / DK Land||Rambi • Enguarde • Winky • Squawks • Expresso|
|DKC2 / DK Land 2||Clapper • Enguarde • Glimmer • Rambi • Rattly • Squawks • Squitter • Quawks|
|DKC3 / DK Land III||Ellie • Enguarde • Parry • Squawks • Squitter • Quawks|
|DKC Returns (3D)||Rambi • Squawks|
|DKC: Tropical Freeze||Rambi • Squawks • Tawks (Switch)|
|DK64||Rambi • Enguarde • Squawks|
|DK Jungle Beat||Hoofer • Orco • Flurl • Helibird • Helper Monkey|
|DK Barrel Blast||Rambi • Enguarde • Squawks|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.