|Diddy Kong Racing Track|
|Balloon # Required||1, 6 (Silver Coin Challenge)|
|Transportation||Car, Hovercraft, Plane|
|<< List of Tracks>>|
The track begins with a strait pathway over the concrete road. The road will soon become bumpier, as it begins to curve around the bend. A zipper can be found in the area, which gives racers an extra speed boost. The track will then bend into a small U shape, until the player rides under a small tunnel. On the other side of this tunnel is a large dinosaur, as well as a small lake. If the player hits the dinosaur, they will react as if they were hit by an item. Driving into the lake will slow the player down. A large tunnel follows, followed by a small bridge over a small river. The track ends with a straight pathway into the finish line.
Coin Challenge Locations
Like other levels, Ancient Lake is filled with eight coins, scattered all around the area. The coins only appear after player has beaten Tricky the Triceratops for the first time.
- On a small bump before the first set of Item Balloons.
- Shortly after the first set of Item Balloons in the center of the track.
- Just after the first set of bananas, found in the center of the track, just like the other coins.
- Slightly in front of the third coin.
- When the racer rides around the first turn, the coin is in the center of the road.
- Not too long after the second set of Item Balloons.
- In the dinosaur's path, shortly after the sixth coin. As usual, it is located in the middle of the road.
- After hitting the last zipper, the coin can be found between two bananas.
This track holds the key to the locked door in Dino Domain. It is found in an area on a ramp that requires a speed boost to get to.